Local, Regional, & National Opportunities
Jay W. Boland Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Held each spring in the memory of former faculty member Dr. Jay Boland, the ETSU Undergraduate Student Research Symposium showcases and celebrates scholarly achievement by ETSU undergraduate students. The Boland Symposium is sponsored by The Office of Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities in the Honors College and open to all undergraduate students who wish to give an oral presentation of their research prospectus, preliminary results, ongoing studies, or final results.
Appalachian Student Research Forum
- The Forum is an annual event in which dual enrollment, undergraduate, graduate, recent graduate and medical students as well as post-doctoral fellows and medical residents present their research and creative arts in a formal, juried setting. The Forum is open to students from all colleges and universities within the southern Appalachian region.
Blue Ridge Undergraduate Research Conference
- Originally called the Southeastern Undergraduate Research Conference, the Blue Ridge Undergraduate Research Conference is committed to providing a forum for southern Appalachian students to present the results of their research in a convenient and interesting setting. The 2023 Conference was held in April at King University.
Southern Appalachian Student Conference on Literature
- SASCOL permits undergraduate upperclassmen and graduate students the opportunity to present their literary research to peers from colleges and universities in the southern Appalachian region, providing them professional experience as they pursue their studies. The 2023 Conference was hosted by ETSU's Dept. of Literature and Language and King University.
National Conference on Undergraduate Research
- The National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) is dedicated to promoting undergraduate research, scholarship and creative activity in all fields of study by sponsoring an annual conference for students. Unlike meetings of academic professional organizations, this gathering of student scholars welcomes presenters from all institutions of higher learning and from all disciplines. The 2024 Conference will be held April 8-10 in Long Beach, California.
Don't forget: undergraduates with presentations that have been accepted at professional conferences
can apply for a Travel Grant.