The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs Administration (ORSPA) assists members of the ETSU community in securing and managing external funding for their research, creative, instructional, and service activities. ORSPA is responsible for ensuring that ETSU proposals, sponsored agreements and other research-related agreements conform to sponsor guidelines and are compliant with all federal and state regulations and guidelines and ETSU policies. ORSPA reports to the Vice Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs the institution's chief research officer and authorized official on sponsored programs.
- Investigators file your Financial Conflicts of Interest Disclosures in ETSURGe!
- NEW! ETSU Research Digest - Subscribe and stay in-the-know!
- Faculty Onboarding Survey - New to ETSU? Please complete this short (3 to 10 minutes) questionnaire to help
us connect you to the resources you need to jumpstart your research and scholarship
- Guidance for Managing Sponsored Projects During COVID-19
- IRB COVID-19 Information for Researchers
- Foreign Influence in Research
Submissions and Awards Data
Education and Training
Through workshops, guest lectures and one-on-one consultations, ORSPA provides education and training to faculty, staff and students in areas such as finding funding opportunities, grant writing, proposal development, compliance and general sponsored programs administration.
Proposal Management and Submission
- Assistance with the identification and evaluation of funding opportunities
- Consultation on proposal development
- Budget development, review, and approval
- Proposal review, processing, and submission to sponsor
- Review and negotiation of sponsored agreements and other research-related agreements including material transfer agreements, confidentiality agreements, memoranda of understanding
- Drafting, negotiation, and processing of outgoing subawards and research-related agreements
- Preparation of awards for financial management by Grant Accounting
- Non-financial post-award functions including post-award rebudgeting and no-cost extensions, grant transfers and changes in key personnel
- Interim and final progress reports
Reporting on Sponsored Programs
ORSPA tracks and reports annually on the proposals submitted and the awards received by ETSU by fiscal year. These reports are available from the ORSPA website. Additional reports are available upon request.