WILL YOU BE THE NEXT BUCKY?
The day has come. ETSU is hosting its first-ever mascot competition! And it's going to be part of a campus reality show!
The winner will receive up to $12,000 per year toward tuition (and a $2000 annual stipend)* and the honor of being one of the most exalted members of the ETSU community: Bucky himself. See below to find out how YOU could become the next Bucky.
- Create an alter ego/secret identity and stage name to present during the competition.
- Come to one of the open auditions and show the judges why you should be the next Bucky.
- Pro-Tip: Use your creativity and showcase your talents and enthusiasm. Channel your inner reality TV star!
- Audition Dates and Times:
- January 25: 1pm-3pm (East Tennessee Room, Culp Student Center)
- February 2: 1pm-3pm (East Tennessee Room, Culp Student Center)
- February 6: 1pm-3pm (East Tennessee Room, Culp Student Center)
- After February 6, five finalists will be announced, and the competition will heat up!
The competition will be held from February – April 2023. Further details will be announced in the coming months.
Will you be victorious or will you walk the plank?
The audition itself will consist of a short interview in which you will tell us about yourself and why you think you would be a good fit to be Bucky. Following this will be a quick freestyle to showcase your school spirit and enthusiasm. There will not be a live audience for this portion of the competition.
To enter, you must be an ETSU student (in good academic standing) during 2023-24. Being Bucky is a yearlong commitment and is not to be taken lightly. Bucky is expected to be enthusiastic and available for athletic events, campus gatherings, and community engagement appearances. Typically, Bucky spends approximately 5-10 hours per week working. The reward? You will be the pride of campus and the recipient of up to $12,000 toward your tuition (and a $2000 annual stipend) each year you are contracted to be Bucky (beginning August 2023). Think you have what it takes?
*$6,000 each for fall and spring semesters. Bucky’s Scholarship will cover any gaps in tuition, mandatory fees, and course fees at Census. This is applied after federal, state, and institutional money, but before any outside scholarships or loans.