- If I get a package deal from a website such as Travelocity or Expedia.com, why do I need to prove I got the best rate by documenting other rates for the airplane ticket and the hotel?Answer
- Why do I need to complete a DTA before I travel? Why must it be authorized by my supervisor?Answer
- When and why do I need to complete a 5-part Travel Authorization?Answer
- What paperwork do I need to submit with my Travel Authorization?Answer
- What needs to be included with my Claim for Travel Expenses?Answer
- What paperwork do I need to submit with my Claim for Travel Expenses?Answer
- Per diem rates for meals vary by location. Why is this? How can I find my rate?Answer
- What are per diem rates for the first and last day of my trip? Why is it less on these days?Answer
- Why do I need to tape my small receipts to an 8 x 11 piece of white paper when I submit my claim for Travel Expenses?Answer
- When can I get a travel advance?Answer
- Can the University prepay my registration?Answer
- What is the reimbursement rate for hotels?Answer
- What travel expenses can I use my University Procard for?Answer
- What travel does the President have to approve?Answer
- Are travel claims for an employee supposed to be processed through eBucs?Answer
- Can travel claims for a student be processed through eBucs?Answer
- What needs to be done to get an employee in eBucs so a travel claim can be processed?Answer
- How do I add an attachment to a employee reimbursement requisition in eBucs?Answer
Hotel Rates if conference
Original receipts for all expenses except mileage and meals
Original Travel Authorizations approved
Conference Brochure with hotel room rates
Receipts for Pro Card payments (Airfare & Registration)
Per Diem (M&IE) is the allowance for lodging (excluding taxes), meals and incidental expenses. The General Services Administration (GSA) establishes per diem rates for destinations within the Continental United States. Please visit www.gsa.gov/perdiem to find the rates. Click on the state you need to view that state's rates. Even though some cities are listed for your lookup convenience, not all cities can or will be listed, so look for the county where you will be staying. To look up the county, visit www.naco.org. If the city or county you are looking for is not listed on the GSA per diem rate page, then the standard CONUS rate of $93 for lodging and $51 for meals applies.
On the first and last travel day, employees are only eligible for 75 percent of the total per diem (M&IE) rate for their temporary duty travel location (not the official duty station location).
This is required so that the travel documents are in order and ready to be scanned into a permanent record.
Students and groups only may have an advance. The advance is available two (2) working days before travel.
The University can prepay registrations by check. If payment can be made by Procard, this is preferred.
a. Travel within the State of Tennessee?
The hotel rate is determined by the GSA CONUS rate.
b. Travel to a conference?
The hotel rate will be obtained from the Conference brochure, or website, where it indicates the conference headquarters hotel(s) and the standard room rate will be used. This information must be sent with travel claim for verification. Employees may select a non-conference hotel. Reimbursement will be made at a rate not to exceed the conference hotel rate.
c. Travel to a business meeting (non-conference) out of state?
The hotel rate is obtained from CONUS rates provide for out of State.
All out-of-country travel which includes Canada, Hawaii and Alaska.
Also those individuals that report directly to the President.
Yes, but only if the student will be traveling multiple times.
An email that includes name and E# needs to be sent to email@example.com.
Scan the information that needs to be added. Go into the requisition and click on the comments tab; click on the yellow add comments button; at the bottom of the pop up box is where an attachment can be added.