Welcome to the Office of Equity & Inclusion for the College of Arts & Sciences at East Tennessee State University. From the humanities to the social sciences to the science and STEM areas, the College of Arts & Sciences is a large, diverse and dynamic unit. It is the most important college at ETSU. As the foundational college at ETSU we are largely responsible for the general education received by our students. There are nearly two dozen majors, sixty concentrations, and fifty minors. By our very nature we are a diverse college.
The diversity of our programs and offerings compliments the tremendous diversity we have among our faculty, staff, and students. Our people come from virtually every continent and region of the world. We are dedicated to creating high quality educational experiences for our students regardless of race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, or immigration status. Our core values are as follows:
- We believe every person deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- The College of Arts & Sciences is a safe space for all faculty, staff, and students.
- We value respectful dialogue across differences and identities.
- We strive for excellence in DEI, research, teaching, and service.
- We are building and strengthening relationships every day to develop a culture of inclusivity, respect, understanding.
- The College of Arts & Sciences supports Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI), among many other ways, by supporting the following academic programs:
- Black American Studies (BAS)
- Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- Language and Culture Resource Center (LCRC)
- Film Studies
- Religious Studies
- And much, much more.
- Humility & Empathy. We believe in servant leadership and the importance of humility in caring for all of our people.
- We hold ourselves accountable for our successes And our failures.
- We believe in the power of harnessing data to help guide our performance and improve our outcomes.
- We invest in our people to make their dreams come true.
Please reach to us with any ideas and/or concerns you may have about equity and inclusion. Thank you. Go Bucs!