- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Specialty Programs
- Professional School Admission Tests
- Calendar of Events
- Recruitment Fair
- Student Organizations
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Animal Health Science Student Organization (AHSSO)
- Chronic Illness and Disease Awareness (CIDA)
- ETSU American Student Dental Association Pre-Dental Chapter (ASDA)
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Multicultural Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS)
- Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO)
- Pre-Optometry Student Organization (POSO)
- Pre-Pharmacy Student Organization (PPSO)
- Pre-Student Osteopathic Medicine Association (SOMA)
- Timmy Global Health
- Contact Us
All students pursuing application to a health science-related professional school
are strongly encouraged to talk with their MPA and major advisor each semester.
Goals for Juniors
- Examine general education requirements along with any required courses for programs of study and/or academic majors. Be conscious of remaining general education requirements.
- Be aware of prerequisite courses in preparation for taking upper-level courses in either programs of study or academic majors. Professional school prerequisite courses should be completed at this point.
- Keep track of your overall and BCPM GPA. Use this online tool to calculate your numbers.
- Come to each advisement appointment prepared with courses of interest.
- Schedule individual advisement appointment with your major advisor and with an MPA advisor before course registration begins.
NOTE: As most professional schools require application one year prior to entrance, juniors should be confirming details of the application process during their advisement session with the MPA Office. Students applying to professional programs requiring a composite letter of evaluation should apply for the committee evaluation during their junior year.
Timeline for juniors
Register for the admission test for your professional school of choice
Prepare and study for the admission test
Plan to take your professional school admission test only one time, so prepare and plan accordingly. Look for study materials or courses such as Kaplan, Princeton Review, Dr. Flowers Review, etc. Take practice tests offered by the MPA Office, health associations such as AAMC, or other sources available.
Finish taking the prerequisite courses for the professional school admission test
**For example, do NOT take the MCAT/PCAT until all are completed (biology, general chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics).
Medical Professions Advisement Composite Evaluation
The first evaluation process will begin early in the spring semester. Check the website for dates!
Begin filling out your application and submit as early as possible
For example, AMCAS and AACOMAS application services open up in May. The application is extensive - begin early!
NOTE: Please release your application information to your pre-health advisor on the application so that we may have comprehensive data of our ETSU applicant pool. You may log back into your application, and change your status to allow your pre-health advisors to receive your information.
Begin writing your personal statement
Tell your story: why to you want to be a clinician? Why do you think you will be the best veterinarian, physician, etc.? Where does your burning desire to become a health professional come from? This is a lengthy process and may require multiple revisions. Start early.
Advisement goals for