- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Specialty Programs
- Professional School Admission Tests
- Calendar of Events
- Recruitment Fair
- Student Organizations
- Alpha Epsilon Delta (AED)
- American Medical Student Association (AMSA)
- Animal Health Science Student Organization (AHSSO)
- Chronic Illness and Disease Awareness (CIDA)
- ETSU American Student Dental Association Pre-Dental Chapter (ASDA)
- Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA)
- Multicultural Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS)
- Physician Assistant Student Organization (PASO)
- Pre-Optometry Student Organization (POSO)
- Pre-Pharmacy Student Organization (PPSO)
- Pre-Student Osteopathic Medicine Association (SOMA)
- Timmy Global Health
- Contact Us
1. Complete the Composite Evaluation Workshop Series
All students planning to participate in the MPA Composite Evaluation must complete a free series of workshops designed to prepare you for this process. These workshops are facilitated by MPA Counselors and ETSU faculty, who will work with you on skills you need to represent yourself well on your application, in your personal statement, and during professional school interviews.
Please discuss your plans with your MPA Counselor during the semester before you plan to apply for a composite evaluation. For most students, this conversation will happen in the fall of your junior year.
2: Request access to the application
Contact Constance Vannoy in the MPA office to request access to the Composite Evaluation application once the evaluation period begins. On the opening day of your evaluation cycle, you will receive an email to the application link.
3: Complete the application
Once you enter the system, you will read and complete the following information in this order:
Evaluation Process Instruction Sheet
To see these instructions in advance, you may download a PDF copy here.
Request for MPA Evaluation
This page authorizes the MPA Office to begin the process.
Evaluation Review Waiver Form
Waive your right to view your faculty evaluations and composite letter of evaluation. This demonstrates to professional schools that your evaluation has been impartial and accurately reflects your abilities.
Here you fill in general information about yourself.
Faculty Evaluation Forms
You designate the 4 faculty who will complete evaluations of your performance; those faculty receive electronic forms to complete and submit to the MPA Office.
The MPA Office must approve all four faculty evaluators before your faculty will receive the notification of your request. You will be able to see the progress of your requests through the ETSU Medical Professions Preprofessional system. It is your responsibility to follow up on your requests and make sure all four evaluator requests have been approved by MPA office. If a rejection occurs, the student is required to submit a new evaluator request for approval. If you are struggling with this process, please contact Martha Edde, Assistant Dean for Student Success.
Click here for more information on choosing faculty evaluators.
Evaluation Application (Student Profile)
Here you will enter detailed information about your academic record, volunteer experiences, shadowing, research, leadership, and other professional development activities.
Specifically, this section will include:
- Photograph: A recent photograph must be included with the Evaluation Application form and should
be uploaded when indicated in the process. (Photograph should be a head shot in approximately
450x700 pixels in jpg format. Ex: passport photo)
- BCPM Calculation Sheet: A calculation worksheet to tabulate your Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math (BCPM)
GPA will be provided as part of the evaluation application. Only prerequisite courses
should be used, including any/all repeated courses. No substitutions are allowed –
if you do not see a course on the list, it is not meant to be included in the BCPM
average. Please upload the completed form when indicated in the process. Please note
that your name and E number are required on this form.
- Resume: Applicant resume is required. Work with your MPA Counselor and/or University Career
Services to fine tune your resume.
- Volunteer/Practical/Shadowing Experience: When identifying practical experience and volunteer work, please include the number
of hours you have completed in each area and by each experience.
- Personal Essay: Your personal essay should address why you selected your chosen health care profession as a career and how your academic program, extracurricular activities, leadership experiences, and clinica/volunteer work relate to your immediate and long-term professional goals. Describe how your personal, educational, and professional background will help you achieve your goals. The essay should be no more than two pages, typed, double-spaced, and in Times New Roman 12pt. font.
All required uploads must be submitted at the time of completion and before you click the submit button. Information will be lost if required sections are not completed when the submit button is clicked.
**If you are a Post Baccalaureate student, please upload a copy of your four-year degree transcript to the Student Profile section.
4: Submit your evaluation application
The first 34 completed applications (including the completed faculty evaluations) will receive a notification email and continue the evaluation process.
5: Schedule your interviews
MPA staff will schedule you for interviews with two members of the ETSU Medical Professions Preprofessional Evaluation Committee. Expect the interviews to last approximately 30- 45 minutes each. Your interviewers will want to discuss your academic record, extracurricular activities, practical health care experience, motivational factors, and other appropriate topics. Again, MPA staff will be able to provide specific information on the timing of the interviews.
6: Await notification that your evaluation letter is complete
At this point, your part in the composite evaluation process is complete. The ETSU Medical Professions Preprofessional Evaluation Committee will meet at the appointed time for your cycle to consider all students who are undergoing evaluation. You will receive an email notification when your evaluation letter is complete.
7: Direct the MPA Office in sending your letter
Once you receive notification that your letter is complete, it is your responsibility to notify Ms. Constance Vannoy, the MPA Evaluation Coordinator, of when and where the letters should be sent.
Depending on the discipline you plan to enter and the schools to which you are applying, your letter of evaluation may need to be sent to your central application service (e.g. AMCAS, AADSAS) or sent directly to your schools of choice.
8: Stay in touch
Finally, we ask that you keep the MPA Office informed about the progress of your application to professional schools. We are interested in your progress in the professional school application/acceptance process. Please feel free to consult with Martha Edde, Assistant Dean for Student Success, if you have any questions about the process as described in this document.