Sociology Graduate Program How to Apply
To receive top consideration for funding opportunities, please submit your application by March 1 for fall admission; all other applications for fall will be considered until June 1. The deadline for spring admission is November 1. The deadline for international applications is March 1 for fall admission and October 1 for spring admission.
Applications can be completed online.
Application requirements include:
1. A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with an undergraduate major or minor in sociology. Students who majored and minored in related subjects (social work, psychology, criminal justice, political science) and who completed at least three courses in sociology may be admitted under the provision that they enroll in and adequately complete two upper-level undergraduate courses.
2. Official transcripts from every college or university attended; a 3.0 GPA (on a 4-point scale) is required.
3. Official GRE scores (www.takethegre.com). Scores at or above the 50th percentile in verbal and quantitative reasoning and analytical writing are preferred.
4. A personal essay about your interest in the sociology program.
5. Three letters of recommendation, preferably from current or former professors.
6. $55 application fee ($65 for international students).