- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Faculty and Staff
- Department Information
- Academic Outreach
- Other Links
- Contact Us
In order to gain a GAship or TSship in a given semester, a student must
- enroll as a full-time graduate student at the start of that semester, and
- maintain full-time enrollment until the end of the semester
Graduate students who hold a graduate assistantship in the Department of Computing must also enroll in one of two special classes:
- If you hold a full TA, 1/2-TA, or 1/2TA+1/2RA appointment, you must enroll in CSCI 5019-001 (supervised teaching).
- If you hold a full RA or 1/2-RA appointment, you must enroll in CSCI 5029-001 (supervised research).
Any GA or TS appointment that you obtain should relieve you of all or part of your obligation to pay tuition for fall or spring term:
- A full GA appointment or a TS appointment should relieve you of your obligation to pay any tuition whatsoever for the term in which you hold this appointment.
- A half-GA appointment should relieve you of your obligation to pay half of your tuition, and allow you to pay the remaining half at in-state rates.
Find Out More
Note: In order to maintain your GA or TS position, you must fulfill duties as a GA or a TS to your supervisor's satisfaction, and maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above.