Software Engineering Resource Links
The following links will redirect you to a page pertaining to case tools used in software engineering. Click to open in a new tab.
- Team Software Process – Link to Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Research Institute. Detailed information about building highly effective software development teams.
- IFPUG (International Function Points Users Group) –Information about and how to use Function Points in Cost Analysis
- University of South California Center for Software Engineering - Here are some of the case tools you will find information on at this site:
The following links will redirect you to a page providing information on some of the software engineering processes. Click to open in a new tab.
- CrossTalk Magazine - The Journal of Defense Software Engineering
- "Doing Requirements Right the First Time" - An article by Theodore F. Hammer, Goddard Space Flight Center, Leonore L. Huffman and Linda H. Rosenberg, Unisys Federal Systems.
- "Requirements Management Made Easy" - Article by Alan M. Davis on how to identify requirements.
- "Prototypes: Tools That Can Be Used and Misued" - by Kevin Dolan
- "An Economic Analysis of Software Reuse" - by Randall W. Jensen
- "Managing Risk With TSP" - Article on the Team Software Process by David R. Webb
- "Comparison of Software Development Methodologies" - by Reed Sorenson. This article looks at the Waterfall, Incremental, and Spiral Software Development Models. The Prototype, Clean Room, and Object Oriented techniques of software development are examined as well. Gives a good comparison of each of these models and techniques.
- "A Spiral Model of Software Development and Enhancement" - Slides and notes available from a Spiral Model workshop by Barry Boehm.
The following links will redirect you to a page providing information on quality in software engineering. Click the link to open in a new tab.
- "Principles for Evaluating the Quality Attributes of a Software Architecture" - This article from the Carnegie Mellon Software Engineering Institute describes how cost, schedule, and other factors contribute to the quality of software.
- Quality Assurance Institute - Site that promotes quality assurance in software engineering.
- Software Testing White Papers - Good link for anyone involved in the testing process.
- Association for Software Testing - Organization whose mission states they wish to be "a testing community that views the role of testing as skilled, relevant,
and essential to the production of better software."
- Software Quality Journal - Site states that "The Software Quality Journal promotes awareness of the crucial role of quality management in the effective construction of the software systems developed, used and maintained by organizations in pursuit of their business objectives."