Accelerated Professional MBA
Earn your MBA in as little as 12 months!
A Master in Business Administration is a general degree program that studies the organizational, financial, and operational management of organizations from a local, regional and global perspective.
The Accelerated Masters of Business Administration (AMBA) program in the College of Business and Technology at East Tennessee State University is a comprehensive 12-month curriculum designed for experienced, time-limited professionals who want to earn an MBA from an accredited, highly ranked business school. The Accelerated Professional program is geared toward students with at least three years of professional experience who desire a fast-paced learning environment. The program consists of both on-line and weekend classroom instruction. This allows for minimal absence from the job while still giving providing the personal in-class instruction a traditional MBA student would receive.
- Program Highlights
- Earn your MBA in one year
- Premier accredited program
- Designed for working professionals with at least three years of experience
- NO GMAT requirement
- Cohort-based environment where classmates function as a support group to help each other through the program
- Receive a practical hands-on education what will enhance your career options and opportunities
Classes meet every third weekend beginning in August. The program is divided into four terms, each lasting 12 weeks and consisting of four in-class sessions. Each term, AMBA students will take three courses. Each course will consist of online class work as well as in-class discussions and projects.
The schedule for the on-campus weekend sessions are:
- Friday Night: 6:00 - 10:00pm
- Saturday Morning: 8:00am - Noon
- Saturday Afternoon: 1:00 - 5:00pm
Twelve courses are required to complete the AMBA program. Ten of the courses (30 hours) are required core courses, and two of the courses (6 hours) are electives. The required core courses are as follows:
- Data Analysis and Modeling
- Accounting Information for Decision Making
- Economics for Managers
- Operations and Technology Strategies
- Global Business
- Strategic Leadership
- Market Strategy
- Applied Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management Process
- Strategic Experience
Practical Learning Opportunities
The capstone experience provides student-led teams the opportunity to gain real world experience by solving problems for actual businesses within the region. Students work with their clients and faculty coaches to deliver key strategy recommendations for each project. The teams apply knowledge taught throughout the curriculum, providing them with a practical learning experience while offering valuable insights to the businesses they are assisting.
Our MBA program is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is the highest accrediting body in the world – only the top 5% of business schools worldwide have this accreditation.