Kelly Price-Rhea completed her Ph.D. in Human Ecology at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, in the Retail, Hospitality, and Tourism Department with a concentration in Retail and Consumer Sciences. She completed her Master's Degree in Professional Communications with a concentration in Public Relations from East Tennessee State University. She also received her Bachelor of Science Degree in Fashion Merchandising from East Tennessee State University. Her professional affiliations include the American Marketing Association (national and local chapters) and the Sports Marketing Association. In addition, to numerous university, college and departmental committees, she has served as a College of Business and Technology Faculty Senator and is the current Faculty Advisor to Sigma Kappa Sorority at ETSU. Along with presenting at conferences, her research interests are women's golf, consumer behavior, and online teaching. Dr. Price is currently the Coordinator for the Master of Science in Digital Marketing and teaches several courses in the program.
- Outstanding Teaching Award Emeritus Award recipient, 2016
- Three-time recipient of the College of Business and Technology Excellence in Teaching Award
- Marketing Management Association 2013 Hormel Meritorious Teaching Award
- Eight time nominee of College of Business and Technology Excellence in Teaching Award
- East Tennessee State University, Marketing Department - Social Media and the Brand, E-Commerce, Online Consumer Behavior, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Management, Principles of Marketing, Fundamentals of Distribution; Merchandising Department - Merchandise Buying, Merchandise Planning and Control, Advertising and Promotion
- The University of Tennessee, RHTM Department - Graduate Teaching Assistant- International Retailing and Retail Operations Management
- Price, K. and Palmero, M. (2014). Sport environment/atmospherics: Impact on the physical and online spectator event experience. M. Dos Santos, Ed. Strategies in Sports Marketing: Technologies and Emerging Trends (104-132). Hershey, PA.
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
- Price, K., Price, J. and Hayes, D. (2018). Online doctoral students at a faith-based university: concerns of online education. NET: An eJournal for Faith-Based Distance Learning.
- Price, K. and Price, J. (2016). Satisfaction and dissatisfaction: Formulating marketing strategy for online faith-based education. Journal of Academic Administration in Higher Education. Vol. 12, Issue 2, 21-26.
- Palmero, M., & Price, K. (2015). Facility atmospherics influence on spectator attendance. Journal of Facility Planning, Design, and Management. Vol. 3, No. 1, 44-56.
- Price, K. (2012). A study of golfers in Tennessee. The Sport Journal. Vol 15, ISSN: 1543-9518.
- Barnwell, B., Moore, T. and Price, K. (2011). Who's reading your wall? The relationships among user characteristics, usage and attitudes regarding official academic Facebook sites. Journal of Academic Administration in Higher Education. Vol. 7, 2, 103-110.
- Price, K. and King. J. (2010). Face-ism in the 2008 U.S. Presidential general election: Photo coverage of candidates in news and business magazines. International Academy of Business Disciplines, Business Research Yearbook.
- Price, K. (2010). Online atmospherics: The impact of color and music on purchase intention. International Journal of Electronic Marketing and Retailing. Vol. 3, No. 2, 93-113.
- Price, K. and Bradford, S. (2009). College student characteristics and attitudes about university summer school programs. The College Student Journal. Vol. 44, No. 1, 126-130.
- King, J., Nastase, M. and Price, K. (2006). A content analysis of an attempt by Victoria's Secret to generate brand mentions through provocative displays. International Academy of Business Disciplines, Business Research Yearbook.
Professional Articles Published
- Price, K., Price, J., and Hayes, D. (2016). E-Ethics: Business and Education Student Perspectives Regarding Online Learning. Tennessee Educational Leadership, Spring.
- Price, K. (2013). The Purpose of the 5th P. Sports Marketing Association Blog.
- Price, K. (Feb. 2010). Driving business with the senses, Golf Business.
- Price, K. (2008). Get a Life - I mean a Second Life. Marketing Insights, Published by the Marketing Management Association.
Dr. Price’s professional experience includes management of discount, specialty, and luxury/resort retail to include merchandise buying and retail operations management. She is also a current contributor to Womensgolf.com and host of the podcast On the Tee with Dr P.