To sustain a national hub of the best practitioners and researchers who link stakeholders in the mission of excellence for young children and their families with a focus on Appalachia.
To deliver quality resources and services in early childhood development through a collaborative network of faculty, practitioners, and community stakeholders with excellence in research, practice, advocacy, and resource development.
The faculty and staff of the Center of Excellence in Early Childhood Learning and Development value
- integrity in how we live and work
- all people and their quality of life
- advocacy and voices of influence
- research, and innovation for the improvements they bring
- community and the power of its impact
- professionals who touch the lives of children and their families
- early childhood professionals and the role we play in the dissemination of knowledge and skills