COVID-19 Re-Opening Plans and Procedures
The impact of the COVID-19 virus has led to necessary changes in how Little Bucs will operate. New policies and procedures will be implemented to ensure the maximum level of safety that can be afforded for the children, families, and staff of the program. All changes to program policies and procedures will be in place until the threat of COVID-19 is either eliminated or has been mitigated to an acceptable standard determined by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), State and Local agencies, and ETSU guidelines. The following policies and procedures are subject to change based on new recommendations from the above agencies. Upon determination that the threat of COVID-19 has been eliminated or mitigated to an acceptable standard, the policies and procedures detailed in this document will be reviewed and revised to provide for new guidelines.
Covid Procedures: What to Expect
- We are still strongly recommending that all staff wear masks inside the building.
- Preschool children are encouraged to wear masks indoors.
- Masks will be provided at each entry point into the building.
- Visitors and field placement students will not be allowed in the building.
- Families will not be allowed inside classrooms and are asked to honor the drop-off and pick-up times, which are as follows: 7:45-9:45 and 2:00-4:00.
o Families who do not follow their scheduled pick-up and drop-off times for their child(ren) will be charged accordingly unless discussed with the Director/lead teacher first.
o Our staff has been carefully scheduled based on the children’s schedules, so we are unable to accommodate early drop-offs and late pick-ups.
- We are following the same health and safety procedures as last semester:
- Bleach bottles are located in all shared spaces as well as the classrooms.
- Shared spaces are thoroughly bleached after use in preparation for the next class.
- Each classroom is bleached after all children have left for the day.
- Staff must wash hands before entering a classroom and upon leaving a classroom.
- Individual classrooms will not share spaces with other classrooms to maintain “bubbles” of separation in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
-If necessary, outdoor spaces will be shared occasionally. -Temporarily, staff will flex between classrooms as needed and will go back to maintaining “bubbles” when able.
In the event of symptoms common to Covid-19
- We will be implementing a Readmission Form that teachers will fill out and provide to parents if their child(ren) shows signs of illness while at Little Bucs. This form will provide guidance about whether the child needs a Covid-19 test to return to school, a doctor’s note, or just to be “symptom free.”
- If a staff member or child shows the following symptoms, they are advised to stay home:
o Fever, temperature 100.4 ºF or higher, or chills
o Cough (if unrelated to allergies, cold, or known illness)
o Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
o Muscle or body aches
o New loss of taste or smell
o Sore throat
o Diarrhea, vomiting, or stomachache
- Because we serve a vulnerable population (children too young to be vaccinated), children or staff with a positive test must stay home for 10 days since symptoms first appeared
- If your child shows one of these symptoms, they must have a negative Covid-19 test to return to Little Bucs OR they must stay home for 10 days since symptoms first appeared AND:
- Be 24 hours with no fever without the use of fever-reducing medications AND
- Other symptoms of COVID-19 are improving
*Children who test positive for COVID-19 but do not have symptoms can be around others 10 days after their first positive COVID-19 test