- CME News
- Regularly Scheduled Series
- Enduring Materials
- For Learners
- For Presenters
- CME Application
- About CME
- CME Links
- Individuals with Disabilities
- Contact Us
POLICIES & PROCEDURES – CME Activity
This policy assists CME Planning Committees in their development and design of CME activities accredited by ETSU/Quillen College of Medicine, an organization accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide CME activities for physicians. This policy covers planning committees for both directly sponsored programs and those accredited through jointly sponsored agreements.
- To ensure compliance with the Essential Areas and Policies of the ACCME, a CME representative (educational planner or other designee) will work with the Planning Committees to ensure the planning, implementation and evaluation of each CME activity.
- The CME Planning Committee will be responsible for meeting the following criteria:
- The CME activity is consistent with ETSU’s CME mission statement. ETSU will determine
the appropriateness of joint providership with a given organization. CME credit
will be designated only for activities whose purpose is clearly educational.
- The Planning Committee demonstrates identification of professional gap and educational
needs of the intended audience and plans the educational activity accordingly.
- Learning objectives are communicated in advance of the activity and indicates expected
learning outcomes in terms of physician performance or patient health.
- Planners and planning committee members select appropriate learning methods and qualified faculty presenters.
- An adequate program budget is provided (when appropriate).
- Compliance with ETSU policies on Commercial Support, Conflict of Interest and Honoraria
and Expense Reimbursement.
- Compliance with ETSU submission deadline and documentation requirements.
ETSU may refuse or terminate the credit designation process if the CME Planning Committees fail to meet any of these criteria.