- Department Home
- Scholarly Activities
- Current/Completed Projects
- Publication & Presentation Opportunities
- Funding Opportunities
- Quality Improvement
- Contact Us
Successful training in Cultural Competency will enable participants to:
- Define culture, ethnicity, race, and diversity.
- List examples of how culture influences health beliefs, practices, and communication and thus impact patient care.
- Describe the difference between a stereotype and a generalization
- Identify some of their own biases and assumptions about others
- Define the concept of cultural competency
- Describe the rationale for cultural competency in care delivery
- Demonstrate skills that enhance communication between doctors and patients.
- Teaching Cultural Competence in Health Care: A Review of Current Concepts, Policies and Practices
- The Evidence Base for Cultural and Linguistic Competency in Health Care
QI Forms, Tools & Surveys