- Residency/Fellowship Programs
- Residency Fellowship Application Process
- Accreditation Council
- GME Committees
- Physician Wellness
- Resident Contract
- Calendar of Events
- Forms and Useful Links
- Practice Opportunities
- Residents' Salary/Benefits
- Resident Handbook
- Program Director & Coordinator Resources
- Corvel - Work Place Injuries
- WW Taxi
- Contact Us
Graduate Medical Education Committee
The Graduate Medical Education Committee is a standing committee of the Quillen College of Medicine. The GMEC is responsible for the oversight and administration of the ACGME-accredited programs and ensuring compliance with the ACGME Institutional, Common and specialty-subspecialty specific Program Requirements. All residency and fellowship programs at Quillen College of Medicine are overseen by the Associate Dean for Graduate Medical Education/Designated Institutional Official, chair of the GMEC. Voting members of the GMEC include the all program directors, one fellowship program director, three peer selected trainees, one peer selected program coordinator, and a Quality Improvement officer from the main training site.
Responsibilities of the GMEC to maintain oversight of training programs include the following:
- Oversight of the accreditation status of the Sponsoring Institution and its ACGME-accredited programs.
- Maintains oversight of the quality of the GME learning and working environment with the Sponsoring Institution, each of its ACGME- accredited programs and the particating sites.
- Oversees quality of educational experiences in each ACGME-accredited program that lead to measurable achievement of educational outcomes as identified in the ACGME Common and specialty/subspecialty specific Program Requirements.
- Provides oversight of the annual program evaluation and improvement plans.
- Oversees all processes related to reductions and closures of individual ACGME-accredited programs, major participating sites and the Sponsoring Institution.
- Develops and reviews all policies and procedures that affect ACGME-accredited training programs and their trainees.
- Review and approve annual recommendation to the administration regarding resident/fellow stipends and benefits.
- Review all applications for ACGME accreditation of new programs and subspecialities.
- Review requests of resident complement modifications.
- Must review and approve of all major changes in program structure or length of training.
- Review and approve any additions or deletions of all programs' training sites.
- Review and approve appointment of all new program directors.
- Oversees progress reports requested by any Review Committee including responses to proposed adverse actions.
- Examines all responses to the Clinical Learning Environment Review (CLER) reports.
- Considers and reviews all requests for exceptions to resident duty hours.
- Review and approve voluntary withdrawals of ACGME-accredited programs.
- Review and approve requests for an appeals of an adverse action and appeal presentations to a Board of Appeal or the ACGME.
Members of the Committee:
Resident Leadership Council - GMEC Subcommittee
The Resident Leadership Council is a subcommittee of the GMEC and is comprised of
peer selected residents from each program at Quillen College of Medicine. The charge
of the committee is to provide a unified representation for all residents/fellows
to communicate and exchange information regarding their learning and working environment
and to offer an open forum where concerns and discussions can occur.
Members of the Committee:
Resident Leadership Council
Program Coordinator Committee