Physical Health is essential to the complete health of an individual. Physical health can be broken down into many dimensions, all which are important components to achieving the best you!
- Active Lifestyle- be active throughout the day, not just when working out.
- Healthy Diet- eating and drinking a balanced diet to fuel your body, avoid excess.
- Disease Prevention- live a healthy lifestyle and seek medical care when warranted.
- Physical Fitness- intentionally strengthing your physical body by working out.
- Rest- a key component of a balanced lifestyle to replenish your body, mind and spirit.
Check-in with your Physical Health-
Plant Medicine presented by the DIO, Reid Blackwelder, M.D.
Physical Wellness Toolkit-
The 7 Types of Rest That Every Person Needs-
Walking in Balance-
Practical Approach to Walking in Balance
We live in beautiful East Tennessee where bountiful resources abound. Please see a list of just a few of the opportunities available right at your fingertips.
ETSU Center for Physical Activity (CPA)
- Campus Recreation- https://campusrec.etsu.edu/Program
Free online Yoga- https://www.doyogawithme.com/
- Red Hot Yoga- https://realhotyogajohnsoncity.net/
- Downtown Yoga Center-http://downtownyogacenter.com/index.html
- Do Yoga with Adriene- https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
- Yin Yoga- Yin Yoga
Community Fitness Centers
- Bullpit Fitness Center https://www.facebook.com/BullpitFitnessCenter/
- Johnson City Health & Fitness - https://tricitieslifestylefitness.com/gym-in-johnson-city/
- Planet Fitness https://www.planetfitness.com/
- The Wellness Center https://www.experiencethewc.com/
- Underground Fitness https://www.undergroundfitnessjc.com/
The Appalachian Trail
With multiple access points surrounding the Johnson City region, take a hike on one of the most popular trails in the country! - https://visitjohnsoncitytn.com/place/the-appalachian-trail/
- Bays Mountain Park and Planetarium
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Cherokee National Forest
- Grandfather Mountain
- Great Smoky Mountain National Park
- Hot Springs, NC
- Linville Gorge, NC
- Roan Mountain State Park
- Rock Creek Park
- Warriors’ Path State Park — Tennessee State Parks (tnstateparks.com)
- Winged Deer Park
- Appalachian Ski Mountain - https://appskimtn.com/
- Beech Mountain, NC - https://www.beechmountainresort.com/
- Cataloochee Ski Area - https://cataloochee.com/
- Hawksnest Golf and Ski Resort - https://hawksnesttubing.com/
- Wolf Ridge, NC - https://skiwolfridgenc.com/
- Sugar Mountain, NC - http://www.skisugar.com/
- Virginia Creeper Trail - https://www.vacreepertrail.org/
- Other local biking trails https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8010340/johnson-city
- The Tweetsie Trail- http://www.tweetsietrail.com/
- Tannery Knob- https://www.ridetk.com/
- Boone Lake
- Cherokee Lake
- Nolichucky River
- South Holston River
- Watauga Lake
- Watauga River
- Wilbur Lake