- About the Center
- For Patients
- For Health Care Professionals
- Contact Us
Start by talking to your primary care provider. You may be at risk for osteoporosis if you are:
- A woman over age 65
- A male over age 70
- On steroids or other medications (for 3 months or more)
or if you have:
- Primary or secondary hyperparathyroidism
- Family history of osteoporosis
- Fractures from non-traumatic falls (less than or equal to your height)
If your primary care provider thinks you should be screened for low bone density,
he or she should fill out an Order Form (available here) and send it to the Osteoporosis Center.
After we receive your documentation, you will receive a call from our front office to schedule an appointment.
New patients should bring (or send prior to the appointment) any laboratory results obtained within the last six months, and any previous bone density scans.
If you have any questions about making an appointment, please call us at 423.439.8830.