- Contact Us
MJ Hajianpour, MD, PhD, FACMG | Professor and Chief, Division of Medical Genetics
Medical Education: MD, University of Tehran, Iran, 1968 - 1975
Graduate Education: PhD, Human Genetics, Newcastle, England, United Kingdom, 1980 - 1983
Pediatric Residency/ Clinical Genetics Fellowship: University of Miami, Jackson Memorial Hospital, FL: 1983-1987
Clinical Cytogenetics Fellowship: Genetics Institute, Pasadena, CA: 1990-1993
- Training director for two fellows in Clinical Cytogenetics Fellowship Training Program at the University of Iowa, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Medical Genetics.
- J Nagy, B. Darbro, R. Van Rheeden, MJ Hajianpour (2016): "A genesis of the Corpus Callosum, Hypothyroidism, and Horseshoe Kidney in a Boy with a Deletion Involving Exon One of KMT2A." Am College of Medical Genetics, 2016 Annual Clinical Genetics Meeting, Tampa Florida. Top-ranking Poster Presentation
- MJ Hajianpour, Scott Lieberman, Hannah Bombei, Simon Kao, Jeff Milunsky (2015): Dental Issues in Lacrimo-Auriculo-Dento-Digital (LADD) Syndrome: An autosomal dominant condition with clinical and genetic variability J Am Dentistry Ass. To be Submitted.
- MJ Hajianpour, Catherin Evers, Pamela Trapane (2015): Bk syndrome (Premolar aplasia, Hyperhidrosis, and Canities prematura) is an Autosomal Dominant Ectodermal Dysplasia with Variable Expression. Am Society of Human Genetics Conference. Oct. 2015. Submitted: Accepted.
- Agshin F Taghiyev, Richard Van Rheeden, Michelle Hanna, Ghada Abusin, Ben Darbro, and MJ Hajianpour (2015): A rare case of i(X)(q10) in a 13-year-old male with Acute Myeloid Leukemia. Atlas of Cytogenetics in Hematology and Oncology. Submitted.
- MJ Hajianpour, H. Bombei (2013): The significance of unknown significance: A case presentation of 10p15.3 deletion. American College of Medical Genetics: 2014 Annual Meeting: Abstract #1358.
- M. J. Hajianpour (1995). Postnatally confirmed mosaic trisomy 16: Follow-up on a previously published case. Letter to the editor. Prenatal Diagnosis. 15: 877-879.
- M. J. Hajianpour, A. K. Hajianpour, R. Habibian, C. Walmut (1996). Leiomyoma of Uterus in a Patient with Ring Chromosome 12: Case Presentation and Review of Literature. Am J Med Genet. 63:335-339.
- Jin-Chen C. Wang, L. Nemana, S.Y. Kou, R. Habibian, M.J. Hajianpour (1997). Molecular Cytogenetic Characterization of 18; 21 Whole Arm Translocation Associated with Monosomy 18p. America J Med Genet. 71:463-466
- Wei-Tong Hsu, M. J. Hajianpour, et al. (1998). Mosaic trisomy 16 ascertained through amniocentesis: Evaluation of 11 new cases. America J Med Genet 80:473-480.
- 2015- (On-going)
- Cytogenetic Causes of Pregnancy Loss (Miscarriage, IUFD, SB). Department of Pediatrics/Medical Genetics/Clinical Cytogenetics Fellowship Program/Cytogenetics and Molecular Laboratory, Iowa City, IA
- Standard cytogenetic and chromosome microarray (CMA) studies of amniotic fluid, placenta, fetal tissues/fetal blood of those women who have pregnancy loss (first, second and third trimester). The study is done in collaboration with OB/GYN/Labor and Delivery. The laboratory studies related to this project will be done by our two Clinical Cytogenetics Fellows. Funding: Internal, Cytogenetics and Molecular laboratory/ Fellowship program funds.
- 2014 (On-going)
- Data entry of Variants of Unknown Significance (VUS) of chromosome microarray (CMA) analysis in repository database (DECIPHER). University of Iowa, Department of Pediatrics, Division of Medical Genetics
- The purpose of this project is to share the specific CMA abnormality of "Unknown Significance" and share related clinical manifestations with other physicians/scientists/geneticist.