Nathan Justice, MD
Division of Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Nathan Justice, MD
Associate Professor & Chief, Pediatric Hospital Medicine
Medical Education: Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
Residency: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
Graduate Education: MBA Finance and Human Resources, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
Journal Publications, Chapters or Textbooks
- Stone WL, Wood DL, Justice NA, Shah DS, Olsen ME, Bharti D. The
systems medicine of neonatal abstinence syndrome. Frontiers in Bioscience. Landmark Edition. 2020; 25(4):736-759. PMID: 31585915
- Schweitzer JW, Justice NA. Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV). StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing, LLC; 23 Oct 2017. PMID: 29083623
- Justice NA, Le JK. Bronchiolitis. StatPearls. StatPearls Publishing,
LLC; 29 Feb 2016. PMID: 28722988
Abstracts, posters & presentations given at internaltional, national, or regional conferences
- Bailey BA, Justice NA, Shah D, Wood DL. Does use of ICD codes for clinical research and epidemiologic investigations adequately capture those with Neonatal Opioid Withdrawal Syndrome (NOWS)? American Public Health Association Annual Meeting and Expo. 2020 Oct; San Francisco, CA.
- Justice NA, Tuell D. An experiential curriculum improves pediatric
residents’ knowledge and participation in quality improvement. Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting. 2020 May; Philadelphia, PA. E-PAS2020. (Conference canceled due to COVID-19)
- Justice NA, Gutwein A, Wilt A, McPeak H, Wood DL. Improving thecare of bronchiolitis with clinical
pathways in a resource-constrained setting. 10th Annual Academic Pediatric Association
Conference:Advancing Quality Improvement Science for Children’s Health Care.2020 May;
Philadelphia, PA. (Conference canceled due to COVID-19)
- Justice NA, Nichols S, Malkani A, McPeak H, Wood DL. The path(way) to a clean colon: Improving the management of functional constipation. 10th Annual Academic Pediatric Association Conference: Advancing Quality Improvement Science for Children’s Health Care. 2020 May; Philadelphia, PA. (Conference canceled due to COVID-19)
- DeMars KR, Justice NA. Pneumonia masking the presentation of incomplete Kawasaki disease. 2019 Appalachian
Forum. 2019 Apr; Johnson City, TN.
- St. Clair M, Justice NA, Walkup J. Persistent elevation of troponins in the setting of Epstein-Barr viral infection: a case report. 2019 Appalachian Student Research Forum. 2019 Apr; Johnson City, TN.
- Bailey BA, Wood DL, Justice NA. Smoking during pregnancy as a risk factor for neonatal abstinence syndrome severity among newborns prenatally exposed to medication assisted therapy for opioid addiction treatment. Society for Research on Nicotine & Tobacco Annual Meeting 2018. 2018 Feb; Baltimore, MD.
- Justice NA. Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome. Tennessee Academy of Physician Assistants Fall Fest. 2017 Oct; Gatlinburg, TN.