Quillen College of Medicine Medical Horizons
Rising college sophomores, juniors, seniors, and post baccalaureate students who are over the age of 18 and interested in a career in the field of medicine, are eligible to apply. Selected individuals must also meet the following conditions:
- Have health and accident insurance coverage, individual or as a dependent.
- Be fully vaccinated and immunized. Accepted applicants must provided proof of the same immunizations as required of enrolled medical students.
- Have a clean background check (National Sex Offender Registry, Tennessee Sex Offender Registry and Tennessee Abuse Registry).
- Successfully complete paper-based training on work-place safety (OSHA), patient confidentiality (HIPPA), portable fire extinguishers and emergency preparedness. These paper-based training modules will be provided via email (weeks in advance) to complete and return before Medical Horizons Orientation.
- Participants must be available 8 hours a day, 5 days per week for the duration of the program.
"It made contacting physicians and gaining the clinical exposure of shadowing much easier than when trying to do it on your own." Medical Horizons Participant