The vision of the ETSU Center for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment is a Central Appalachian region free from the burden and consequences of illicit drug abuse.
The mission of the ETSU Center for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment is to partner with affected communities in Central Appalachia to advance the science of substance abuse prevention and treatment. The Center accomplishes this mission by:
- Conducting innovative research and evaluation,
- Disseminating and implementing evidence-based prevention and treatment solutions,
- Educating and training health professionals,
- Engaging with and learning from the community to create lasting solutions, and
- Providing evidence-based, high quality clinical care.
- Compassion for the people and respect of the culture of the region, fighting against stigma and misinformation.
- Advocacy for and investment in our community and collaborative relationships.
- Stewardship of our resources and place, working efficiently with resolve to bring timely solutions to the problem.
- Mutuality in decision-making, where common purpose comes first; solutions with mutual benefit will endure.
- Objectivity in our choices, reflecting our focus on evidence-based practice, quality and integrity.
- Transparency in our actions and decision-making.