To learn more about Skin Smart Campus on the national level, please visit their website. In addition to great information about skin cancer and the risks of indoor tanning, they are building a list of all the college campuses who have adopted an indoor tan-free policy. Once it is completed, you can see which college campuses across the nation are Skin Smart!
To learn more about skin cancer, visit these informational websites.
- American Cancer Society
- National Cancer Institute (Skin)
- Melanoma Research Foundation
- FDA Consumer Reports
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- International Agency for Research on Cancer
- Melanoma Foundation New England
- The Dangers of Indoor Tanning Infographic
In addition to the above websites, the following articles were used to gather information for this website.
- American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2015. Atlanta: American Cancer Society, 2016.
- Bleyer AO, Barr R, Ries L. Cancer epidemiology in older adolescents and young adults 15 to 29 years of age, including SEER incidence and survival: 1975-2000. NIH Pub. No. 06-5767. Bethesda, MD. 2006.
- Yabroff KR, Bradley CJ, Mariotto AB, Brown ML, Feuer EJ. Estimates and projections of value of life lost from cancer deaths in the United States. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. 2008; 100:1755-1762.