- ETSU has one of only three Bachelors of Science (BS) degree programs in Cardiopulmonary
Science in the state of Tennessee (CoARC).
- ETSUs CPSC program graduates consistently exceed accreditation thresholds on national
credentialing board examination success, job placement, & employer satisfaction.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics indicate that Respiratory Therapy has a faster
than average job (19%) growth when compared to other allied health professions (blv.gov).
- The median pay for a Respiratory Therapist as of 2013 is $56,290 per year (O*net);
the median pay for an RT in Tennessee is $47,600.
- The average hourly salary for a Respiratory Therapist is $27.06 per hour (O*net);
the average hourly pay for an RT in Tennessee is $22.87
- Respiratory Therapists perform a variety of tasks and work in several areas within
health care. Specialty areas within the field are also available. Please visit the
following sites for additional information: American Association for Respiratory Care
(aarc.org), National Board for Respiratory Care (nbrc.org), Commission on Accreditation
for Respiratory Care (coarc.org), and O*NET OnLine (onetonline.org).
- For more information about becoming a Respiratory Therapist, contact the Department of Allied Health Sciences at the ETSU Nave Center at 423-547-4900 or 423-547-4902.