The primary purpose of the QUEST for Success program is to provide underrepresented minority and socioeconomically disadvantaged students with additional resources and preparation that will contribute to their success in the university's academic environment and beyond. There are four stages of the program: Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4. Each year of the program focuses on the development of these students in a very specific area depending on major and year. The program emphasizes the importance of the soft skills that students need to obtain as they progress through college. By providing our students with these skills, we are grooming them for success.
The mission of Quest for Success is:
- To serve as support for underrepresented minority and socioeconomically disadvantaged students by establishing a campus network
- To ease the transition from high school to college, freshman year to graduation, and beyond.
- To aid in the retention of students
- To promote social, emotional, and academic success of all students, particularly underrepresented minority students
- To provide support, guidance and general assistance to students