- Cost of Your Education
- Types of Financial Aid
- Student Service Positions
- Financial Planning
- Apply for Aid
- Mid-Year Transfer Student
- Financial Aid Requirements
- Paying Your Bill
- Loan Repayment
- Dates & Deadlines
- Contact Us
Type here to Filter Results
- I transferred to another college/university, but they said I can't get financial aid until you cancel it at ETSU. What do I need to do?Answer
- I transferred from another college/university. What do I need to do to get my aid transferred to ETSU?Answer
I transferred to another college/university, but they said I can't get financial aid until you cancel it at ETSU. What do I need to do?
Send a written request by Email, fax, or in person to the ETSU Office of Financial Aid requesting your aid be cancelled for the semester. Be sure to include your name, ETSU E#, semester and/or academic year, date, and signature. Let us know if you would like us to send notification by fax or email to the other college/university along with their contact information
I transferred from another college/university. What do I need to do to get my aid transferred to ETSU?
First, be sure you have the aid canceled at your previous college/university for the upcoming semester. Since the federal records are not always updated in a timely manner showing the aid has been canceled, please request that the Financial Aid Office at the previous institution fax us a confirmation that the aid for the upcoming semester has been canceled or e-mail us at.
- If your FAFSA does not have our school code, visit http://www.fafsa.gov// and click on "Add a School Code." Enter 003487 and submit the FAFSA. We will receive it in approximately one to two weeks.
- You will need to check the status of your FAFSA and read your Student Aid Report (SAR) comments to see if your application was processed and results were sent to ETSU main campus.
- You must also check SAR comments to see if you were selected for verification by the federal processor.
- If you are selected for verification, please visit our verification forms page and submit all paperwork to the Office of Financial Aid at ETSU.
- You may request an affidavit in the Office of Financial Aid if you are bringing, faxing, or e-mailing all required verification documents.
- If you received the Hope Scholarship or the Tennessee Student Assistance Award (TSAA) at your previous school, you must complete a TSAC Change of Institution form. If you had student loans at your previous school(s), notify your student lender that you have transferred to ETSU. This will enable you to continue your student deferment. After you graduate, consolidate your previous loans with your new loans through the Direct Loan Consolidation Program.