Use of any and all artwork, photographs, graphics, diagrams, figures, tables, chemical structures, screenshots, video stills, and any other material that may be subject to copyright is prohibited. East Tennessee State University is not responsible for your use of copyrighted material in your thesis or dissertation. For help:
To help writing progress leading to completion of a major writing or research project, a thesis, a dissertation, or capstone project.
Focused writing time in Sherrod Library, plus options for mini-workshops on topics such as:
- Getting Started and Staying on Track;
- Time and Project Management;
- Academic Searching;
- Cloud Computing and Literature Review;
- ETD Submission and Review Process
- Turnitin Training
Registration covers FOUR sessions: Friday evenings from 5:00 p.m.- 8:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.- 8:30 p.m. You are encouraged to attend all four sessions to maximize your progress.
ETSU Sherrod Library, room 309/311
Cost is $150.00
Registration includes catering for Friday evenings and Saturday breakfasts and lunches.
For registration information, visit the boot camp page.
There are several student computer labs throughout the ETSU campus that offer knowledgeable staff to help you troubleshoot your technical issues. For a list of the staffed labs and their hours, click here: Computer Labs
- Get resourceful. Call up your technically inclined peers, friends, or relatives for help.
- Try Google or any other search engine. Type in your question and 9 times out of 10 someone else had the same issue and has posted a solution.
- Still stumped? E-mail email@example.com
Tutorial services in writing are now available through the Center for Academic Achievement in Sherrod Library. Graduate students can make an appointment with a graduate writing tutor who can review a chapter or part of a chapter during a session (typically 45 minutes) for clarity, fluency, grammatical correctness and style.
- make multiple appointments with the same tutor, if possible; spread these sessions over a period of a couple of weeks to allow time for revision.
- bring a "hard copy" of your work with you to each session: editing can be done much more efficiently on paper than on a computer screen.
Make an Appointment
You can make an appointment by calling 439-7111 or by going to the Center for Academic Achievement website:www.etsu.edu/tutoring make sure to select "Writing - Graduate" under scheduling focus on the online schedule or to tell the office worker making the appointment that you need to work with a graduate writing tutor.
If you or your department would like a bound copy of your Thesis or Dissertation, you must make your own arrangements.
Gradworks Online was created at the request of the Brigham Young University Graduate School. Gradworks Online is run by the BYU Print and Mail department, one of the largest in-plant print shops in the country, where we use only top of the line equipment to ensure quality products.
There are no contracts or commitments to use the program, just visit http://gradworksonline.com and submit your files.
Fill out the order form when completing your Author Agreement OR call 1-800-521-0600 or go online to order AFTER your thesis or dissertation has posted to their database. This can take 1-3 months after the semester ends.
Kinkos has a variety of inexpensive and quick binding methods. See local store for details.
Online or other Local bindaries via internet search