Our ETD Workshops are offered once per semester and have two focuses:
- Thesis and Dissertation preparation in the early stages including forming a committee and selecting a topic
- Electronic submission and the ETD review process
To help writing progress leading to completion of the thesis, dissertation, or capstone project.
Focused writing time in Sherrod Library, plus options for mini-workshops on topics such as:
- Getting Started and Staying on Track;
- Time and Project Management;
- Academic Searching;
- Cloud Computing and Literature Review;
- ETD Submission and Review Process
- Turnitin Training
Registration covers FOUR sessions: Friday evenings from 5:00 p.m.- 9:30 p.m. and Saturdays from 9:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. You are expected to attend all four sessions.
- Session I January 25-26, 2019
- Session II February 8-9, 2019
- Session III February 22-23, 2019
- Session IV March 22-23, 2019
Spring 2019 Schedule TBD
ETSU Sherrod Library, room 309/311
How to Register:
DEADLINES for registration:
Non-ETSU students: TBD
ETSU students: TBD
Cost is $150.00
Registration includes catering for Friday evenings and Saturday breakfasts and lunches.
There are several student computer labs throughout the ETSU campus that offer knowledgeable staff to help you troubleshoot your technical issues. For a list of the staffed labs and their hours, click here: Computer Labs
- Get resourceful. Call up your technically inclined peers, friends, or relatives for help.
- Try Google or any other search engine. Type in your question and 9 times out of 10 someone else had the same issue and has posted a solution.
- Still stumped? E-mail email@example.com
- make multiple appointments with the same tutor, if possible; spread these sessions over a period of a couple of weeks to allow time for revision.
- bring a "hard copy" of your work with you to each session: editing can be done much more efficiently on paper than on a computer screen.
Make an Appointment
You can make an appointment by calling 439-7111 or by going to the Center for Academic Achievement website:www.etsu.edu/tutoring make sure to select "Writing - Graduate" under scheduling focus on the online schedule or to tell the office worker making the appointment that you need to work with a graduate writing tutor.
Gradworks Online was created at the request of the Brigham Young University Graduate School. Gradworks Online is run by the BYU Print and Mail department, one of the largest in-plant print shops in the country, where we use only top of the line equipment to ensure quality products.
There are no contracts or commitments to use the program, just visit http://gradworksonline.com and submit your files.
Call 1-800-521-0600 or go online to order AFTER your thesis or dissertation has posted to their database. This can take 1-3 months after the semester ends.
Kinkos has a variety of inexpensive and quick binding methods. See local store for details.
Online or other Local bindaries via internet search