- Benefits & Opportunities
- The Academic Experience
- Qualifications & Application
- Special Opportunities
- Program Faculty
- Prospective Students
- Student Spotlights
- Arts Degree @ ETSU
- Alumni, Donors & Friends
- Useful Links
- Honors Home
- Contact Us
We are delighted that you are interested in the Fine and Performing Arts program. We invite you to discover your passion for creating and studying art while excelling in a specific area of study, across many of the creative disciplines at ETSU.
Open to applications from incoming freshmen only, both in-state and out-of-state,
admission is competitive and scholarships are awarded separately from general admission
to ETSU. Remember that to be considered for the Fine & Performing Arts Scholars program,
- have earned an ACT score of 22 or higher (without the writing score) or
comparable SAT score.
- submit a completed FPA application, in addition to the ETSU admissions application, by March 1 of the fall semester prior to fall admission.
- participate in high school activities and community service, including leadership opportunities.
- commit to pursuing a 4-year baccalaureate degree at ETSU's Johnson City campus.
- submit an excellent artistic portfolio along with proof of writing skills and academic references.
Schedule a Visit Today!
While on campus you can meet with Dr. Scott Contreras-Koterbay, Director of the Fine & Performing Arts Scholars program, along with a professor in your intended field of study. In addition, you might want to schedule a campus tour.
Dr. Scott Contreras-Koterbay
Director, Fine & Performing Arts Scholars Program
Yoakley Hall, Room 207
Yoakley Hall, Room 206