- Benefits & Opportunities
- HID Programs
- Qualifications & Application
- Special Opportunities
- For Faculty & Departments
- Prospective Students
- Student Spotlights
- Alumni, Donors & Friends
- Useful Links
- Honors Home
- Contact Us
There are currently 24 HID programs at ETSU. Students may apply as entering freshmen, as transfers, or as students already enrolled at ETSU. Incoming freshmen and incoming transfers must be admitted to ETSU before their HID applications can be processed.
- Criteria for admission vary by program, and selection for each program is competitive.
- The Honors College sets minimum selection standards for HID programs, but some HID programs set higher selection standards or require additional materials.
- Students must meet the specific requirements for the HID program to which they apply.
- Visit the specific program website or contact the program coordinator for details.
The minimum requirements set by the Honors College are:
High school GPA of 3.2 overall (unweighted) or
a minimum ACT Composite of 25 (1200 SAT Critical Reading & Math)
Current ETSU Students:
Minimum overall ETSU GPA of 3.2 or
a minimum GPA of 3.5 in courses in the discipline
Minimum overall transfer GPA of 3.2
Applications must be received by the appropriate HID Coordinator by November 1st to be considered for a scholarship for the following spring and by March 1st to be considered for a scholarship for the following fall.
Admission is competitive.Program Admission Criteria
Locate admission and application information for the Honors-in-Discipline Program
you are interested in HERE>>