List of International Student Scholarships
International Students Academic Merit Scholarship
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered. The scholarship award can only be used for study at ETSU. The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master's degree, or commensurate with the length of the program (see ETSU graduate catalog).
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program (see ETSU graduate catalog).
- Scholarship can be used for summer semesters if taking on-ground courses.
- Scholarship may not be used for the winter term.
- Apply for admission to ETSU ( undergraduate admissions, graduate admissions)
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa (F-1 visa information, J-1 visa information)
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
The Review Process
All international students who apply for admission to the university are considered for the scholarship. Upon admission, applicants who meet the following criteria will be offered the scholarship automatically:
- Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale (freshman applicants)
- Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale (undergraduate transfer applicants and graduate applicants)
Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award in the admissions letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship award must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks of the date on the admissions letter. Eligible students can find a link to the online scholarship acceptance form in the admissions letter.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- An applicant must have a 3.0 GPA (high school, or college GPA, depending on if freshman, transfer, or graduate applicant)
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 semester grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 semester GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
Students who are NOT eligible:
- Students pursuing a second Bachelor's or Master's degree
- Graduate students receiving a graduate assistantship or tuition scholarship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students applying for the M.D. and PharmD programs
For questions, contact: email@example.com .
Graduate Assistantships and Tuition Scholarships - Graduate Students Only
International graduate students may apply for graduate assistantships (GA) and tuition scholarships (TS). A GA or TS is a service scholarship that requires the recipient to perform services in exchange for receiving a tuition and maintenance fee waiver. GA and TS scholarships can waive as much as full tuition (GA positions also include a monthly stipend). Before applying for a GA or TS, international students must be admitted to ETSU as graduate students. Only students in their first period of enrollment as graduate students at ETSU may apply for a TS.
For more information, see the school of graduate studies assistantship information web page. Students searching for available GA and TS scholarships should check with their academic department and review the School of Graduate Studies list of GA and TS vacancies.
The Honors College offers programs of study which include the possibility of scholarship funding. International students may apply to the following honors programs:
Admittance to honors programs is contingent upon meeting program-specific eligibility requirements. Students applying to an honors program may have to provide additional documents that are not required for general university admission. Admission to an honors program is competitive, with limited space available.
Please note that honors students must complete enriched programs of study. Admittance to a program includes the possibility of receiving a scholarship, not a guarantee.
To learn more about honors program admissions requirements, scholarship availability, and application instructions, visit the above links to each program's web page.
The ETSU Creative Arts Scholarship is awarded to new out-of-state students, including international students, with interests in the arts. Recipients are required to participate in ETSU performing arts or art exhibition activities. Some scholarships require students to major in a particular arts discipline. The scholarship covers out-of-state tuition. Undergraduate and graduate students may apply.
For more information, visit the scholarship office's Creative Arts Scholarship web page.