East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, genetic information, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its programs and activities. ETSU specifically finds that diversity of faculty, administrators, and staff is a crucial element of the educational process and reaffirms its commitment to enhancing education through affirmative action to increase diversity at all levels.
The Office of Human Resources provides assistance to the campus community to ensure equality of the recruitment process for all hires, and is committed to promoting and advancing equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusion for all.
Things to Remember
- What steps to take largely depend on what type of position/vacancy needs to be filled.
- When in doubt, contact the Office of Human Resources.
- Have a plan! Know where you want to be and consult HR on how to get there.
- Establish the need for the position.
- Secure Funding.
- Know the function of the job.
- A pre-audit might be needed if the position has changed significantly.
- New regular and temporary positions are hired through eJobs.
- Adjuncts are hired through eContracts.
- eJobs is the official advertisement website for ETSU. All applications must be received through eJobs.
- Establish a reasonable timeline for the search and hiring process.
- Have an established budget and position prior to getting started.
- Have the appropriate approvals before putting in too much work.
- Meet with HR with any questions or concerns.
- Understand the recruitment and hiring process and/or ask for assistance as needed.
Helpful Tools and Links
- Effective and Inclusive Recruitment Strategies Checklist
- Recruitment and Hiring Checklist
- eJobs Recruitment Plan
- Search Committee Guide
- eJobs User Guide
- eContracts User Guide
- Bucs Are Back
- Return to Recruitment, Hiring, & Onboarding Homepage
- Next to Search Committees and Supervisors