PPP-46 Family, Medical and Servicemember Leave
Frequently Asked Questions about FMLA
Do I qualify for FMLA?
- Have you been employed at ETSU or with the State of Tennessee for more than a year?
- Are you employed at 65% or above?
- Are you a regular or temporary employee?
If you answered yes to these questions then you may qualify for FMLA.
Do I need FMLA paperwork?
- Do you need to be off work to care for yourself, your spouse, your dependent child or your parent for medical reasons?
- Do you have more than a cold or flu?
- Do you or a qualifying family member have an ongoing health problem that causes you to miss work periodically during the year?
- Are you going to be having surgery?
- Are you going to have a baby or adopt?
- Are you going to miss work for more than 3 consecutive days?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you may need to fill out FMLA paperwork.
Where do I get the FMLA paperwork?
FMLA paperwork is not online. For forms and questions contact:
Sr. Human Resources Assistant