- ETSU Job Opportunities
- Compensation & Classification
- Employee Relations
- Training & Development
- ETSU Retirees Association
- Policies & Procedures
- Documents & Forms
- Contact Us
East Tennessee State University is committed to the recruitment and retention of highly qualified and productive faculty and administrative/professional staff members. Recognizing that career decisions and productivity are influenced by family considerations, it has become increasingly important to consider the employment needs of the spouses/partners of new staff members.
The Dual Career Assistance Program has been developed by the Office of Human Resources for a two-fold purpose:
- To address some of the needs and concerns of dual career couples in seeking and securing employment.
- To inform the surrounding communities of the availability of talented professionals.
What is the Dual Career Assistance Program (DCAP)?
This program is designed to help the new employee's spouse/partner in networking and locating employment opportunities in the Tri-Cities area. While employment is not guaranteed nor is this program a placement or employment agency, the Dual Career Assistance Program will do everything possible to contribute to the success of dual career couples. By providing spouses/partners with the tools and information resources needed to support their search for suitable employment, regardless of the career stage of the spouse/partner, the program can be an important benefit to the dual career couple.
Who is eligible?
Only spouses/partners of faculty and administrative/professional staff who are recruited from outside the Tri-Cities area are eligible to participate in the program for up to one (1) calendar year.
What types of employment assistance to expect:
- Basic entry level employment assistance, such as resume writing or interviewing skills,
which may consist of workshops and classes offered through Human Resources, Training & Development.
- Information on employment opportunities at ETSU in addition to other academic institutions in the surrounding areas, as well as listings of major area employers.
Area Job Posting Links
Area Employers and Job Posting Sites pdf
- Greater Tennessee HERC (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
New employees/candidates and their partners can learn more about Tennessee/Virginia faculty, administrative, and staff hiring opportunities in higher education and with affiliated employers (medical/health care institutions, research labs, government agencies, and related non- and for-profit organizations) by using the resources of the Greater Tennessee HERC (Higher Education Recruiting Consortium). Resources on this site include job postings as well as other tools for dual-career couples seeking support in their career success.
What HERC Offers Dual-Career Jobseekers:
- The most comprehensive list of jobs at institutions within a commutable distance.
- Dual-career search technology that enables you to search for jobs that meet both you and your partner's job search criteria.
- A library of articles, research, and studies on the dual-career topic.
- Links to institutions that have dual-career programs and policies.
- Jobseeker webinars on dual-career subjects.
How do I enroll?
To enroll in the Dual Career Assistance Program please print and complete the Contact Information and Employment Assistance Information Form and forward it to:
ETSU, Office of Human Resources
Johnson City, TN 37614
Fax (423) 439-5830
Office of Human Resources