Welcome to East Tennessee State University
Welcome message from the President of ETSU.
New Hire Paperwork
All new employees are required to come to the Office of Human Resources (Burgin Dossett Hall, Room 307) to sign their contract and complete ALL required hiring paperwork before final work authorization is given. When you come, be prepared to do the following:
- Sign the employment contract.
- Complete W-4
- Complete the Direct Deposit form and attach a voided check if needed.
- Complete the I-9 form with unexpired supporting documents. You must bring the original documents. (View list of I-9 Verification Documents .pdf)
- The Tennessee Lawful Employment Act (TLEA) requires we verify an item from their list. (View list of TLEA Verification Documents.pdf)
- The social security card is required for payroll purposes per the employment contract. If the social security card is used to satisfy the I-9 form and payroll you must provide the original social security card.
Human Resources New Employee Orientation
The Office of Human Resources conducts a two-phase new employee orientation program for regular full-time and part-time employees.
The Benefits Orientation provides an overview of the university’s benefits programs and services which includes health, life, disability, retirement, leaves, workers' compensation, transcripts, payroll information and other pertinent topics. The Benefits Orientation is essential to your enrollment in the benefit programs and receiving your compensation through the University. Employees are given an opportunity to ask questions regarding employment and benefits, and complete necessary paperwork to ensure proper benefits and inclusion on the payroll.
The Policies and Procedures Orientation provides an overview of key university policies, procedures and services. The orientation familiarizes employees with the university’s vision, mission, values and organizational structure. The orientation includes but is not limited to: work hours; closure procedures; performance evaluations; campus security, health and safety; computer use; general campus services for employees; fraud, waste and abuse; employee educational benefits, training and development; disciplinary, grievance and complaint procedures; and awards programs. You can access the Policy and Procedures Orientation along with required Equity and Diversity Training at New Employee Required Online Training.
For questions regarding your contract or new hire paperwork or your Benefits orientation, please contact Human Resources at: