- ETSU Job Opportunities
- Compensation & Classification
- Employee Relations
- Training & Development
- ETSU Retirees Association
- Policies & Procedures
- Documents & Forms
- Contact Us
Communicating Poor Performance
Notice the following in the video:
- The supervisor is well prepared. Supervisor has logs, business cards, EAP brochure, the employee's job description and a copy of the evaluation in hand before the meeting.
- The employee has been given the chance to review the evaluation before meeting with the supervisor.
- The meeting is held in a private and neutral setting, the conference room table (complete with tissues), rather than the supervisor's office/desk.
- The supervisor has made notes regarding talking points in order to keep the conversation on track.
- The employee is not surprised by the evaluation.