The Innovation Living Learning Community (LLC) prepares students to become future entrepreneurs, innovators, business, and community leaders by emphasizing creativity, teamwork, and collaboration. The Innovation LLC provides residents with opportunities to gain experiences in entrepreneurship and innovation. Individuals selected for this community will work in teams to develop and cultivate unique ideas and concepts. A primary goal is to foster students’ ability to develop these ideas into a successful product, process, or business. Students will also learn how to create business plans, budgets, and marketing plans, along with developing elevator pitches and working prototypes. Residents will have access to financial and personnel resources that support innovation progression, and will participate in regular professional development activities with experienced academic, business, and community leaders.
The Innovation Living-Learning Community is a partnership of the College of Business and Technology and the Department of Housing and Residence Life.
- Students must be declared majors or minors in the College of Business and Technology.
- Students must complete a general application to the Innovation LLC application and be selected to the community.
- Must be willing to participate in regular programming and events, including community gatherings, plenary sessions with faculty/community/business leaders, and social activities
- Reside in designated space within Lucille Clement Hall. Spaces in the Innovations LLC are reserved only for accepted Innovations members.
To stay in the community, students must:
- Demonstrate commitment to the living-learning community by participating fully in programs, plenaries, and activities throughout the semester.
- Be in good academic standing with the University.
- Be in good standing with regards to student conduct.
Students selected to the Innovation Living Learning Community will be required to live in a dedicated space within Lucille Clement Hall on the campus of East Tennessee State University. Only students admitted into the Innovation Living Learning Community will be allowed to live in this dedicated space within Lucille Clement Hall.
For more information about Lucille Clement Hall, please click here. For more information about ETSU Housing or to apply, please visit the Office of Housing and Residence's Life website at https://www.etsu.edu/housing.
Please visit https://www.etsu.edu/students/housing/llc.php to learn more about Living Learning Communities as well as to complete general application (or click here for a direct link to the general application for Living Learning Communities). You can contact email@example.com or contact either Bill McTier (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Stephen Hendrix (email@example.com) with more questions.
- You will need to register for housing in Lucille Clement hall. Please visit the Innovation LLC Housing page for more information.
- Your roommate will also need to be a part of the Innovation LLC.
- You will need to complete a general application to be a part of the LLC.
- You will be responsible for a one-time fee of $50 (to be collected in the fall before school begins).