Changes to the ITV Delivery Method
During summer 2020, ITS completed the transition from traditional 'ITV' to online delivery through synchronous web-conferencing tools. Many faculty are already familiar with using web-conferencing to conduct fully synchronous online courses. ITS has updated over 20 multimedia classrooms across campus with professional microphones and cameras to facilitate web-conferencing, with more on the way. This change will give faculty more flexibility in where they can teach synchronous courses from.
How will this affect ITV delivery?
With the transition complete, ITV has effectively evolved to web-based conferencing. Departments can still offer synchronous sections of courses happening live on campus, either to online students or to students at a remote location, such as Kingsport or Sevierville.
Instructors will create their synchronous meetings, log into the web conference and manage their screen sharing, recordings, and attendance. ATS is available to train and assist faculty with any web conference questions they may have.
ITS Web Conference Rooms
ITS has updated the traditional ITV classrooms with state-of-the-art equipment. These rooms are listed below and are available for your use. Please contact ATS with requests for these rooms.
- Sam Wilson 129
- Sam Wilson 202a
- Lamb 138
- Brown 132
- Brown 133
- Kingsport at Allandale 232
- Kingsport at Allandale 235
- Kingsport at Allandale 335
- ETSU at Sevierville 135
For a complete list of TAF web-conferenc ready classrooms, access this site.
Beginning in Fall 2020:
ITS will no longer proctor off-campus sections. We will do our best to have temporary workers nearby for immediate technical support, but this is not guaranteed. Departments requiring proctors for tests, attendance or any other function will need to make the appropriate preparations. Instructors will need to coordinate the delivery and retrieval of any physical materials. We highly recommend using the testing center or D2L for your testing needs.
We are planning on having temporary workers present to help start web conferences in Kingsport at Allendale 232, 235 and 335 only. These team members will monitor several classrooms and be available for technical issues. If proctors are needed, departmental arrangements should be made.
Beginning in Spring 2020:
- ITS will no longer proctor off-campus sections except for sections located in Kingsport at Allandale rooms 232 and 235. Departments requiring proctors for tests, attendance or any other function will need to make the appropriate preparations Instructors will need to coordinate the delivery and retrieval of any physical materials.
Beginning in Fall 2019:
- ITS will no longer proctor on-campus overflow sections originating from a separate on-campus class.
- Physical materials such as paper tests or assignments should be transferred to remote sites electronically. Alternatively, instructors can coordinate the delivery and retrieval of physical materials.