skip to main content columnskip to left navigation
Research Computing Services
Information Technology Services
- Help research labs phase out WIN 7 and older operating systems before January of 2020.
- assist with the search for updated equipment and software.
- back up data.
- update to WIN 10 wherever possible.
- replace aging computers with re-purposed computers imaged with Win 10.
- Consult with Faculty Submitting Grants and Proposals with IT Components.
- attend planning meetings.
- assist with evaluation of software and hardware.
- help obtain quotes.
- facilitate approval or purchases.
- assist with technical writing for grant inclusion.
- Promote Cloud Backup of Research Data and Documents.
- promote ETSU OneDrive and the appropriate network drives for research data storage
and backup, including HIPAA and FERPA research work.
- encourage use of TimeMachine backup by Mac users.
- Help Faculty Obtain Re-Purposed Computers re-imaged with WIN 10 for Research.
- work with Computer Services to make the highest tier re-purposed computers available
- re-image, load software, and install re-purposed computers.
- Assist with Crowdfunding of Research and Scholarly Projects.
- assist with production of media highlighting research and scholarly programs.
- assist with social network sharing of research and scholarly activities.
- Assist with Advanced Computing Needs.
- assist with inclusion of HPC costs in grant applications.
- assist with projects suitable for ACF, AWS, and BOINC.
- Assist with Research and Scholarly Surveys.
- manage a HIPAA/PHI compliant and a non-HIPPA/PHI compliant RedCap server.
- provide one-on-one instruction on use of the RedCap survey tools.