- This new program is currently in review by the ETSU Research Advisory Council; while
the program has been approved in principle, it will not move forward until RAC review
- ETSU supports crowdfunding campaigns for as many as 10 scholarly projects at any given time.
- Scholarly projects within the basic sciences, clinical sciences, or humanities are considered.
- All projects are reviewed for quality and monitored for compliance with applicable regulations and guidelines pertaining to scholarly activity and accounting.
- Projects must meet acceptable standards for scholarly projects within ETSU's diverse community of scholars and must further the mission of ETSU.
- A scholarly project generally leads to a publication, exhibition, presentation, performance, creative work, or invention and is typically subject to external peer review, evaluation, or adjudication.
- Faculty, staff, and students are eligible.
- Fund raisers for entities outside of ETSU, including charities and non-profits, are not permitted.
- Click here for Detailed Eligibility Guidelines.
Application & Review Process
- Applications are reviewed by faculty selected by the ORSP.
- Applicants for crowdfunding should receive notification of a decision within 30 calendar days.
- If you have reviewed the Detailed Eligibility Guidelines and wish to proceed, click here to see the Detailed Application and Review Process Guidelines.
- Click here for the Application Form (currently, the form is provided for review and testing by the Research Advisory
- The ETSU Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Click here to see the Detailed Disclaimer which must accompany campaign materials on the crowdfunding site.
Increase Your Likelihood of Receiving Donations
- work with ITS-Research Computing Services to develop campaign media
- describe your expertise
- explain the benefits of your research
- identify other sources of funding
- identify your collaborators
- identify celebrity supporters
- discuss publications and presentations
- recognize donors
- post donor names on web pages or social networks
- send donors signed copies of research papers
- host a virtual conference for donors
- provide certificates of contribution to donors
- send personalized thanks you cards to donors
- invite donors to visit the research facility
- donors receive tax receipts from ETSU