Contact information for Little Bucs:
Beth Huber, On-Site Director of Little Bucs: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicki Ledford, Administrative Assistant: email@example.com (Vicki is able to check her email more frequently than Beth)
(423) 439-7549, ask to speak to Beth or Vicki
- During dismissal (3:00-3:15) we will gather the children who are to go to Little Bucs in the cafeteria.
- At least two people (Mr. Hunter, Ms. Myra, Ms. Lesa, Ms. Cindy, Dr. Penley, Ms. Day,
or another trusted employee) will walk the children to Little Bucs. They should leave
University School shortly after 3:15 unless the weather delays us.
- Should we be delayed due to weather (such as thunderstorms), we will walk the children over as soon as it is safe.
Dear K-5 Families,
I am very happy to communicate with you that we have found a better temporary solution for childcare: ETSU’s Little Bucs will provide childcare from 3:00 until 5:30 daily starting tomorrow, July 11th, until August 23rd! This temporary solution was finalized today, and I apologize that we were not able to bring you this good news sooner.
Since my last update to you regarding childcare, the University School Advisory Board* has continued working on a solution to provide childcare for our Kindergarten through 5th grade students. We, the University School Advisory Board members, are happy to share with you that we will have a temporary solution on campus effective tomorrow (Wednesday 7/11/18). This partnership with Little Bucs will continue until August 23, 2018. The University School Advisory Board is diligently working to secure a long-term, quality, cost effective childcare, which we plan to have in place to provide after school care at University School by August 24th. We will keep you updated as to the progress of this undertaking.
The arrangements are as follows:
- This week, July 11th through July 13th, after school care will be provided at University School. Your child/children will
be supervised by two qualified and wonderful staff members of Little Bucs. They will
provide care for the children in the first grade classroom at University School for
the remainder of this week. You will pick up your child/children at University School.
- Starting Monday, July 16th, trusted staff members of University School will walk the children who are attending Little Bucs’ afterschool program to the Little Bucs location on campus, located in Warf Pickel. This arrangement will continue through August 23.
For your child to attend Little Bucs afterschool care starting tomorrow, please do the following:
- Print, fill out the attached forms for After School Childcare Registration Application and After School Childcare Insurance and Immunization Information, and send those in with your child tomorrow. If you would like to sign your child
up with Little Bucs in person, Abbey Booher will be at University School at 2:45 tomorrow.
- Follow this link and complete the registration with at least the $10 for the registration
- Inform your child’s teacher that they will be going to afterschool care.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Penley or me.
*Members of the University School Advisory Board:
Dr. Gregory Aloia, Dean of the Clemmer College
Dr. Pam Mims
Dr. Cindy Chambers
Dr. Justin Penley