Brian Odle, PharmD Associate Professor Telephone: 423-439-2084 Email: email@example.com Brian Odle, PharmD, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy with East Tennessee State University. Dr. Odle maintains a clinical pharmacy practice in internal medicine/family practice at Johnson City Medical Center and Holston Valley Medical Center in addition to his teaching and scholarly activities.
Education, Degree, & Post Graduate Training:
- BS from Middle Tennessee State University, 1990
- PharmD from University of Tennessee, 1994
- Pharmacy Practice Residency University of Maryland Medical System, Baltimore 1995
Clinical Pharmacist for 9 years; Clinical coordinator & Director of pharmacy for 2 years prior to joining the faculty at Gatton College of Pharmacy.
Pharmacotherapy II, OTC and Self Care
- Probable etoposide interaction with Echinacea.
- Coltsfoot as a potential cause of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in a patient also consuming kava and blue vervain.
- Potential toxicity of caffeine when used as a dietary supplement for weight loss.
Veverka A, Crouch M, Odle B. Infective Endocarditis. In: Dipiro J, ed. Pharmacotherapy: A Pathophysiologic Approach, 9th edition. New York, New York; McGraw Hill 2014
AACP, ASHP, ACCP, TPA
Personal motto or favorite quote:
A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.