Two nominees from ETSU will be chosen to apply directly to NEH for the 2019 Summer Stipends program.
Summer Stipends support individuals pursuing advanced research that is of value to humanities scholars, general audiences, or both. ETSU may nominate two faculty members each year.
The NEH Summer Stipends website includes:
- program guidelines, including eligibility criteria
- sample applications for various disciplines
- a list of previously-funded projects
- evaluation criteria and FAQs
- application and submission instructions including details for
structuring your narrative
- the application package
If you are interested in becoming one of ETSU's nominees for the NEH Summer Stipend program, please send an e-mail no later than 4:30 pm on August 31, 2018, to email@example.com containing the following attachments:
- your completed request form ETSU Nomination Request Form;
- your full CV; and
- previous feedback from NEH for this project, if you have previously applied for an NEH Summer Stipend.
In order for your request to be considered, your Request narrative must provide a description of how your proposal will address each of the four areas outlined in the Program Guidelines:
- Research and Contribution
- Methods and Work Plan
- Competencies, Skills, and Access
- Final Product and Dissemination
You will be notified on or about September 7 of your acceptance or rejection. If you are selected as a nominee, ORSPA must receive a hardcopy of your proposal with a completed and signed internal routing form no later than September 19.
Nominees must submit the NEH Summer Stipend application in the Grants.gov Workspace no later than September 26. You must register as an individual in Grants.gov and apply to Funding Opportunity Number 20180926-FT. Contact ORSPA for assistance.
Before beginning the application package, applicants should review the evaluation criteria in Section V of the Program Guidelines and consult the Frequently Asked Question document and sample application narratives provided on the NEH Summer Stipends website.
Information you'll need to provide on your NEH application:
- ETSU's nominating official:
Dr. William R. Duncan, Vice Provost for Research
- e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone Number: 423-439-6052
- ETSU's DUNS number: