- Small Grant Program
- Major Grant Program
- Interdisciplinary Grants
- Contact Us
RDC SMALL GRANTS NOW AWARD UP TO $2,000. THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS NOW OPEN FOR FY2019
Contact the RDC at: RDC@etsu.edu.
For Fiscal Year 2019 (ending June 30, 2019), the Small Grant Program is now open for submission of applications. Information concerning Guidelines and the online application form link are at the bottom of this page. All applications must be submitted online, then a signed printed copy must be delivered to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, 432 Ross Hall.
Due to the increase in the amount of funds for each award to up to $2,000, competition will be stiff. Those applications with ALL special approvals in place will be given priority because of the short time frame for completion of the projects.
SECOND ROUND DEADLINES:
- Electronic form submission by 11:30pm on Friday, Feb. 1, 2019
- Signed printed form submission by 4:30pm on Friday, Feb. 8, 2019
Please note: signed, paper copies are to be delivered to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, 432 Ross Hall. Please see Section V of the Guidelines document for submission details.
Anyone who is a current (FY2019) RDC Major Grant Recipient is not eligible to apply for an RDC Small Grant as either PI or Co-I.
The Maximum award amount is NOW $2,000. This should help keep pace with increased travel costs or supply expenses. NOTE: applications exceeding this limit by any amount will not be considered.
Small Research Grants support research and scholarship for the following expenses:
- to collect, analyze or present data, including travel to international conferences;
- to meet with existing current collaborators to complete a project;
- to obtain access to rare or unique resources not available in any other way;
- to provide for student workers;
- to purchase computer equipment devoted to specific apparatus; or
- to process any other work pertinent to the success of an existing project.
Special emphasis #1: Publication cost requests from tenure-track faculty
A small number of small grants will be awarded to pay for the publication costs of faculty who are on the tenure track. Costs of publications, such as page charges, publisher fees, or other printing expenses, should be fully documented in the budget justification. If you are eligible for such an award, contact the RDC for further review information.
Special emphasis #2: Summer travel across the end of the Fiscal Year
A very limited number of grants will be awarded that allow travel in the summer across the fiscal year boundary, such as from June 15 to July 15. Applicants requesting travel specifically across the fiscal year boundary, should highlight this when answering the questions for this request on the Application form.
EXCLUSIONS: Small grants will NOT support:
- travel only to attend national conferences;
- travel to explore potential collaborations;
- clerical support for manuscript preparation;
- support for advanced degrees;
- preparation or publication of theses or dissertations
- stand-alone computer purchases.
Please contact the RDC for clarification of the validity of an expense prior to submitting the application.
For more information on Small Research Grant eligibility, guidelines, application procedures, review criteria and policies, please view the following pages: