The nomination time-frame for the 2017 - 2018 Distinguished Staff Awards and Staff Career Award begins Monday, April 9th and will close on Friday, April 20th at 4:30pm. Each academic year, announcements are sent to the campus community soliciting nominations for the Distinguished Staff Award and the Staff Career Award.
The Distinguished Staff Awards and Staff Career Award recognize outstanding ETSU staff for their contributions to the University. Although any University employee may nominate a deserving ETSU staff member for an award, only regularly employed staff who have been continuously employed at ETSU for at least one full year, as of April 30, 2018, are eligible to receive a Distinguished Staff Award, in accordance with the following EEOC categories:
- EEOC-10 - Executive, Administrative, Managerial (e.g. President, Vice President, Dean, Director, Associate Dean, Assistant Dean, Executive Officer)
- EEOC-30 - Professional Non-Faculty (e.g. Managers, Counselors, Coaches, Coordinators, Administrative Assistants, Accountants, Specialists, Researchers, Analysts, Assistant Directors, Nurses)
- EEOC-40 - Clerical and Secretarial (e.g. Executive Aides, Bookkeepers, Stenographers, Clerk Typists, Payroll Clerks, Library Clerks)
- EEOC-50 - Technical and Paraprofessional (e.g. Computer Operators, Drafters, Engineering Aides, LPNs, Dieticians, Photographers, Technicians)
- EEOC-60 - Skilled Crafts (e.g. Electricians, Plumbers, Painters, Carpenters)
- EEOC-70 Maintenance (e.g. Truck drivers, Bus Drivers, Custodial Personnel, Groundskeepers, Construction
Workers, Campus Security)
Please note that EEOC-20 is designated for faculty members. To nominate a faculty member for Distinguished Faculty Awards, please click here.
Awards will be announced and presented at the Staff Picnic, sponsored by ETSU Staff Senate on Friday, May 11th @ 2pm @ the MSHA Memorial Center / Mini Dome.
Terms and Conditions
Those nominated for the Distinguished Staff Award and the Career Award must be regularly employed ETSU staff members who have been continuously employed at the University for at least one full year at the time of nomination. One Distinguished Staff Award can be given for each staff EEOC category. One Career Award will be presented to an ETSU staff with long-term service to the university. Anonymous or incomplete nominations for Staff Awards or the Career Award cannot be accepted. All nominations must be made utilizing the proper nomination forms and signed by the nominating party with contact information so that the Committee for Review of Staff Awards Process may contact the nominator(s) as needed. Petitions will not be accepted for or with any of the nominations. Please attach supporting statements or other documentation if available. All nominations and backup documentation will become property of the Staff Senate and available for distribution, as needed, in conjunction with both nomination processes.
Recipients of each Distinguished Staff Award and the Career Award recipient will receive $2,000 courtesy of the ETSU Foundation; a plaque from Staff Senate; and public recognition. You may nominate as many people as you wish, but you must use a separate form for each nomination.
If you have any questions about the Staff Awards process, please contact the Chair of the Committee for Review of Staff Awards Process, Ms. Ashley M. Browning by email at email@example.com or by phone at 423-439-8088.