Looking for a space to focus on your mental wellness? Try our Relaxation Room!
The ETSU Counseling Center is offering 45 minute appointments for you to utilize Light Therapy, guided VR meditation, or try out biofeedback using our Unyte program. Learn more about Unyte below!
The ETSU Counseling Center has invested in an immersive biofeedback meditation program, Unyte, which will aid students in their journey towards health and wellness.
The biofeedback device tracks Heart Rate Variability (HRV) which is a measure of the variation in time between heartbeats, and is considered to be a strong indicator of your meditative state. Decades of research shows that a higher HRV correlates with an optimal, relaxed nervous system state, positive emotions, and improved health.
According to the research, HRV biofeedback may, as part of a healthy lifestyle, help in the following ways:
- Improve ability to handle adversity or stressful situations
- Decrease anxiety
- Stress management
- Reduce depression
- Improve responses to anger-inducing stimuli
- Improve sleep quality
- Reduce pain
- Improve gastrointestinal disorder symptoms
- Improve mood and psychological well-being
- Help fine-tune skills for optimal sports performance
Do you want to try our Relaxation Room?
- Visit: https://counselingcenter.etsu.edu/Titanium_Web/Hwc/Main/Menu
Select: Relaxation Room Initial Appointments
Enter your contact information and complete the required forms.
You will then be prompted to schedule an appointment for either Guided Meditation, VR Meditation, or Light Therapy.
Spring 2023 Schedule:
- Tuesdays at 1:00pm, 2:00pm, and 3:00pm
- Wednesdays at 9:00am, 10:00am, and 11:00am
*additional times may be added during the last week of classes and finals week.