Bucs Empowering Scholars for Tomorrow, a component of the Multicultural Center Student Access and Success support services, provides a transformative and holistic network of academic supports and programs on campus. All of our programs and initiatives are free and empower students to be self-directed, engaged, lifelong learners and leaders within a diverse and inclusive campus.
If you have what it takes to develop positive relationship and provide guidance, be a Peer Mentor.
- Rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior at ETSU
- In good academic standing (3.0 cumulative GPA)
- Involved with activities and/or student organizations at ETSU
- Complete the application below
- Complete Reference form
- To earn CRLA Certification Level 1, complete:
- 50 hours of:
- CRLA Mentor Training Seminars
- Meet face-to-face with Peer Mentee once per week, and
- Attend MCC approved university programs
- 50 hours of:
- Attend meetings with the Mentoring Coordinator twice per semester
- Attend all important dates below
Important dates for mandatory attendance
- Submit the Application below: MCC L. Clement Hall 1st Floor
- Attend Pre-Semester Mentor Scholar Training: Sunday and Monday, August 18-19
- Attend BEST Welcome Bash and Matching: Sunday, August 25 at 3:00 pm
- All Mentors and Mentees Meeting, Friday, October 4 at 3:30 pm, MCC L. Clement 1st Floor
- Attend ALL CRLA International Mentor Training Certification Seminars.
- Attend all CRLA Trainings (Mentors)
- Meet with your Mentee and Peer/Faculty or Staff or Alumni Mentor
- Attend 3 (three) MCC Leadership through Academic Seminars
- Attend 2 (two) MCC approved cultural events
- Complete 8 (eight) community service hours
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ask your references before submitting your application.