Bucs Empowering Scholars for Tomorrow is a component of the Multicultural Center Student Access and Success support services. The program provides incoming first-time freshmen underrepresented students with a smooth transition to university life and become successful at ETSU and beyond.
We invite upper-class students who are enthusiastic to empower freshmen students and are in good academic standing to be Peer Mentors. Peer Mentors will assist and support students in developing goals that foster learning and effective academic success.
If you have what it takes to develop positive relationship while providing guidance during their academic journey, complete the application below.
- Rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior at ETSU
- In good academic standing (3.0 cumulative GPA)
- Involved with activities and/or organizations at ETSU
- Complete online application
- Complete Reference form
- Attend BEST Roundtables on spcial topics
- Meet face-to-face with Peer Mentor twice per month each semester and submit meeting summary form
- Contact Peer Mentor at least once every week via phone call or an email
- Attend tutoring sessions at least once a week at Trio: Student Support Services
- Document all contacts with mentor on the Mentee Forms to help you track your progress
- Attend meetings with the Mentoring Coordinator twice a month
- Submit Meeting Summary Forms immediately after each meeting on line
- Attend all community services and Workshops
- Attend Dish It Up and End of the Year Celebration
- Attend all important dates below
Mandatory Important Dates
- Application Deadline: Sunday, August 20th
- Training day for all Mentors, Friday, August 24 at 1:00 pm
- Welcome BEST Bash with Faculty and Staff Mentors: Sunday, August 26th 3:00 pm
- BEST Kickoff & Network Branch: Saturday, September 1st at 9:30 am
- Scholar Mentors Roundtables: October 1st and November 29th at 4:30 pm
- Dish It Up: October 22nd at 5:00 pm
- Workshops: September 5th and 19th; October 3rd and 24th; and November 7th and 28th at 5:30 pm
- Community Service Days: September 10th, October 8th and 29th, and November 19th at 3:30 pm
- End of the Year Celebration: Wednesday, November 28th at 5:00 pm
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ask your references before submitting your application.