Bucs Empowering Scholars for Tomorrow is a component of the Multicultural Center Student Access and Success support services. The program provides incoming first-time freshmen underrepresented students with a smooth transition to university life and become successful at ETSU and beyond.
We invite upper-class students who are enthusiastic to empower freshmen students and are in good academic standing to be Peer Mentors. Peer Mentors will assist and support students in developing goals that foster learning and effective academic success.
If you have what it takes to develop positive relationship while providing guidance during their academic journey, complete the application below.
- Rising Sophomore, Junior or Senior at ETSU
- In good academic standing (3.0 cumulative GPA)
- Involved with activities and/or organizations at ETSU
- Complete online application
- Complete Reference form
- Attend BEST Roundtables on spcial topics
- Meet face-to-face with Peer Mentor twice per month each semester and submit meeting summary form
- Contact Peer Mentor at least once every week via phone call or an email
- Attend tutoring sessions at least once a week at Trio: Student Support Services
- Document all contacts with mentor on the Mentee Forms to help you track your progress
- Attend meetings with the Mentoring Coordinator twice a month
- Submit Meeting Summary Forms immediately after each meeting on line
- Attend all community services and Workshops
- Attend Dish It Up and End of the Year Celebration
- Attend all important dates below
Mandatory Important Dates
- Application Deadline: Sunday, January 13th, MCC L. Clement Hall 1st Floor
- All Mentors and Mentees Meeting, Sunday, January 13 at 1:00 pm, MCC L. Clement 1st Floor
- BEST Strategies for Success: Wednesday, January 23rd at 5:30 pm, L. Clement Hall Lobby 1st Floor
- Scholar Mentees Roundtable: February 18 at 4:30 pm
- Scholar Mentors Roundtable: March 25 at 4:30 pm
- Dish It Up: March 18th at 5:00 pm
- Workshops: February 6th and 20th; March 6th and 20th; and April 10th at 5:30 pm, L. Clement Hall Lobby 1st Floor
- Community Service Days: January 21st, February 11th and April 1st at 3:30 pm
- End of the Year Celebration: Wednesday, April 18th at 5:00 pm
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ask your references before submitting your application.