- B.U.C.S Academy 2022|Building Up College Success
Application for the 2022 Cohort is now available. Click Here
The B.U.C.S. Academy Program is designed to give entering first-time freshman students a solid foundation before they start their Freshman Year. Students will jump start their college career starting with the 3- week Summer Program. Students will earn a three-credit hours before their first year of college, participate in QUEST/Preview program the week before fall classes begin, and continue in the Program through the academic year.
The fall portion of the program is a natural extension of the Summer Program and will start the first day of Fall classes and will continue until their sophomore year. The students will take one of their Fall required classes as a cohort and will participate in bi-weekly programming that will reinforce and extend their studentship skills, career exploration, and additional topics that were explored in their Summer Program.
Students will also participate in the following:
- Cohort Student Learning Experience
- Recommended Weekly tutoring sessions provided by ETSU's Trio Student Support Services or the Center for Academic Achievement
- On-and-Off Campus enrichment community services and experiences
- ETSU 1020 or PREH 1350 during the summer program.
- CSCI 1100 during fall semester.
- Monthly check-ins with Staff
- Weekly Leadership seminars