Creative Arts Scholarship
Creative Arts Scholarship
The scholarship is offered to students who participate in the ETSU Gospel Choir and International Choir. It waives out-of-state fees for full-time incoming freshman, transfer, and graduate students. Your eligibility will be determined through an audition. Requirements for the scholarship:
- All freshman are required to live on campus and purchase a meal plan for their freshman year (Does not apply to graduate and transfer students)
- Enrolling in and successfully completing a minimum of 15 credit hours per semester for undergraduate students and 9 credit hours per semester for graduate students.
- Maintaining satisfactory academic standing on all ETSU coursework with a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA
- Participate in weekly choir practice
- Participate in local and regional performances and attending an annual weekend event during the spring semester.
For more information, please contact, PO Box 70725, Johnson City, TN 37614, Terryl@etsu.edu, or (423) 439-5872.
Click Here to view and apply for the Creative Arts Scholarship Application.
The Diversity Scholarship recognizes the academic achievement of underrepresented students at East Tennessee State University. This program is designed to award exceptional and capable students who have been traditionally underrepresented and demonstrate financial need.
a) Students must submit FAFSA Application and ETSU General Scholarships by March 1st at www.fafsa.gov and www.etsu.edu/scholarships
b) Only U.S. Citizen and Tennessee Resident students are eligible.
c) Students from underrepresented groups will be considered.
d) The Diversity Scholarship is competitive and limited to full-time students with 12 credit hours or more.
Awards will at be $3000 per academic year. The awards amounts will depend on the above eligibility requirements and availability funds. Financial need will be a consideration for awards amounts.
For students to be considered for the Diversity Scholarship for the following year, the student must completed the following:
- Complete eight (8) hours of community service and attend two (2) approved cultural events; and
- Attend three (3) academic success sessions hosted by the Jordan Center; and
- Complete at least 12 credit hours each term and must earn a term and cumulative GPA of 2.5; and
- Register or confirm intent to register for classes for each Spring semester classes by December 15th and Fall semester classes by May 1st; and
- Submit the FAFSA application and ETSU General Scholarship for by March 1st of each year.
If any of the above requirements are not completed, the student will have to submit an appeal letter for the committee to review. The student will have only one appeal option for the duration of the Diversity Scholarship. Documentation will be required for certain request.
The committee will start reviewing applicants after the March 1st deadline. Awards letters will be send out soon after. Freshman recipients will be notified by May 15th. New transfer incoming and current students will be notified by June 15th.
For more information, please contact Steve Ellis at email@example.com or 423-439-4844.
Michael L. Young Education and Arts Development Scholarship
The purpose of the Michael L. Young Scholarship Endowment is to provide scholarship
assistance to deserving students who are actively involved in programming at the Langston
Centre in Johnson City, TN.
The Endowment is set up to honor the life of Michael L. Young who was an alumnus of the last graduating class of Langston High School and served as the chairman of the Langston Education and Arts Development (LEAD) Board of Directors. The number and amount of scholarships awarded each year will be based on available funds in the endowment operating account. This scholarship endowment will be housed within the Mary V. Jordan Multicultural Center.
The Langston Centre is a cultural facility promoting multicultural awareness and workforce development through arts, education, and leadership activities. The Centre sits on the site of the historic Langston High School, Johnson City's school for African-American students from 1893-1965.
Application deadline is extended to July 31, 2022. Please click here to apply for the Michael L. Young Scholarship
Consider making a gift to this imporant schlorship!
You can mail donations to:
ETSU Foundation: PO Box 7071, Johnson City, TN 37614
Memo: Michael L. Young Scholarship
You can also make a donation online at etsu.edu/give
General Scholarship Application Guide
Please use this step-by-step guide to assist you in filling out the ETSU General Scholarship
Application. The General Scholarship Application is used for various scholarships
across campus, including the Diversity Scholarship. The deadline for the General Scholarship
Application is March 1st.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org